NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Other Technical Forums > JeepSpeed, Prerunner and Competition Tech Forum
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

JeepSpeed, Prerunner and Competition Tech Forum For Discussion of Modications related to Prerunning, JeepSpeed, KOH, Rock Racing, and any other speed based competitions

Old June 18th, 2016, 12:14
NAXJA Forum User

Re: 4600 Class KOH XJ

Saw this jeep at Glen Helen, dug the front grill.
Old June 22nd, 2016, 12:28
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryXJ View Post
Not from ridgecrest but unless I heard shawn wrong in ridgecrest before glen helen? Or maybe just camping together I don't remember �� but poor boy and Brian definently are!

If you know Sean and the Twins then you probably know FU2 Rob and Flash so hit them up for local help.

My best advise to you is to not listen to *ANYTHING* Cal has to say about how to build a car. His 'race car' is a vortex of vehicle compromise and his advice is always half ass and backwards. :/

Dallas has come in just recently to help Cal (as they just recently just started dating) and has made things a little better but he can't make crap smell like flowers (if you know what I mean). He has excellent advice and fab skills but I still don't know why he hangs around Cal who lacks any skills.....sort of like Felix and Oscar relationship if you know what I mean.

Good luck with your build.

Last edited by cracker; June 26th, 2016 at 10:05.
Old June 22nd, 2016, 12:37
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracker View Post
If you know Sean and the Twins then you probably know FU2 Rob and Flash so hit them up for local help.

My best advise to you is to not listen to *ANYTHING* Cal has to say about how to build a car. His 'race car' is a vortex of vehicle compromise and his advice is always half ass and backwards.....as is his driving :/

Dallas has come in just recently to help Cal (as they just recently just started dating) and has made things a little better but he can't make crap smell like flowers (if you know what I mean). He has excellent advice and fab skills but I still don't know why he hangs around Cal who lacks any skills.....sort of like Felix and Oscar relationship if you know what I mean.

Yeah I know the fu2 guys, I had talked to them about some stuff earlier this year when I first had the thought to race.
After putting some more thought into this I want to race still and I will get a junkyard car to do it, but I'm going to wait a few years and completely "finish" my current XJ and get a DD and a garage. It'll be nice to get the fab experience when I build the cage and 3 and 4 link on this XJ then when I go to the race jeep it'll be less first experiences and will most likely turn out better. Thanks for all the input though it helped a lot! and I know what I will want to do in the future. For now I'll just work the pits at the U4 races if poor boy or any other team needs a hand. If not ill still be there in the stands making vroom noises dreaming of my racejeep to be 😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old June 22nd, 2016, 13:40
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryXJ View Post
Yeah I know the fu2 guys, I had talked to them about some stuff earlier this year when I first had the thought to race.
After putting some more thought into this I want to race still and I will get a junkyard car to do it, but I'm going to wait a few years and completely "finish" my current XJ and get a DD and a garage. It'll be nice to get the fab experience when I build the cage and 3 and 4 link on this XJ then when I go to the race jeep it'll be less first experiences and will most likely turn out better. Thanks for all the input though it helped a lot! and I know what I will want to do in the future. For now I'll just work the pits at the U4 races if poor boy or any other team needs a hand. If not ill still be there in the stands making vroom noises dreaming of my racejeep to be ������

Good deal. We'll see you at the races
Old June 23rd, 2016, 17:23
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:

I was curious about this. Thanks for confirming it. Congrats to the lucky couple!

CherryXJ,

Stick close to these guys and learn everything you can from them. Don't get too involved with another jeep because when you start building a racecar then it becomes all about the racecar and everything else suffers. racecar. Same goes for buggies I think... Cracker had a badass Comanche, then he got a buggy, now he doesn't have a comanche anymore.
Old June 23rd, 2016, 17:48
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redxj5150 View Post
CherryXJ,

Stick close to these guys and learn everything you can from them. Don't get too involved with another jeep because when you start building a racecar then it becomes all about the racecar and everything else suffers. racecar. Same goes for buggies I think... Cracker had a badass Comanche, then he got a buggy, now he doesn't have a comanche anymore.
That's another good point, and just helps me be happy with my decision to finish this xj!

Old June 30th, 2016, 12:09
NAXJA Supporting Vendor

Quote:
My best advise to you is to not listen to *ANYTHING* Cal has to say about how to build a car. His 'race car' is a vortex of vehicle compromise and his advice is always half ass and backwards. :/

Motor Mounts, Fabrication tools, and Custom stuff for your Jeep!
Old September 20th, 2016, 16:46
NAXJA Warranty Voider

Any progress on this car?
Old September 21st, 2016, 10:34
Everyone says I'm a jerk.

Don't mind Cracker. He's been bitchy ever since Cal left him for Stinky (Cal gets around).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent
Us normal people...
Old November 10th, 2016, 20:08
NAXJA Forum User

CherryXJ how is your project coming? If all goes to plan there will be an entire field of xj's in the 4600 class in 2018.

Cal are you looking at racing in February?
Old November 10th, 2016, 21:39
NAXJA Warranty Voider

Yeah we'll be racing.
Old February 5th, 2020, 22:05
NAXJA Forum User

So did the OP ever get a 4600 xj? Race was today!
Old September 7th, 2020, 05:31
NAXJA Forum User

This is an unanswered question that I would to hear the answer to.