• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gotta love redneck justice

I hope they learned something - that's one that won't continue to pollute the gene pool at least. Damn shame you know his family is going to go after wrongful death if/when they identify the shooter.

Don't you think the shooter over-reacted just a little bit? Come on, they were just throwing tomatoes and shooting paint balls. Don't tell me y'all never threw a tomato or egg at anyone. A simple phone call to the police was all that was required here not lethal force. I hope they catch the idiot that did it and put him away for life.

RR3

yeah really, dont you think that was a little rediculous? I mean why should one guy get all the punishment, there were 10 other guys too, they shoulda got it also!!! lol :D

Tell that to the family of the guy who runs off the road and gets killed because some punk obscured his vision with a paintball. Or tell it to the Canadian kid who's melon got pulped by some punks who thought it was fun to drop rocks off a bridge onto I95. He's still alive (sort of) but I doubt he'll hear ya.

Chucking or shooting stuff at moving cars is assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill IMHO and the "alleged perp" (or innocent? bystander) in this case was served up some quick justice. They ought to give the shooter a medal if ya ask me. Sends a message much more than a fine or community service.

A 23yo should know better. Add a charge of 'contributing to the delinquency...' to his tombstone.

I don't have a lot of stuff...what I do have I work hard for. I value my stuff more than most any other human's life. I dont like thieves and I don't like vandals. Nuff said.

They ought to give the shooter a medal if ya ask me. Sends a message much more than a fine or community service.[\quote]

Puhleez. I've heard some nonsense around here but this takes the cake. I hope one of your kids is killed while pulling a prank, ***hole.

On second thought I edited this to remove profanity but the sentiment remains, this has got to be one of the stupidest, most callous and unthinking comments I have ever read in this forum. I am, frankly, ashamed to be associated with people who can voice such sentiments. I apologize for the rant.

Last edited:
Ralph said:
Don't tell me y'all never threw a tomato or egg at anyone.RR3

Umm, not in my short 20 years I havent. My parents taught me better, and I had the common sense not to do dumb ass things like that when they werent around.

Originally psted by Tucker
Puhleez. I've heard some nonsense around here but this takes the cake. I hope one of your kids is killed while pulling a prank, asshole

And I hope that your children have the sense and correct upbringing to not participate in some thing like that. And I also hope that you don't believe in karma. With a wish like that, you are screwed.

I am with Woody on this one. There are a few extra plots that are full in a cemetery in Phoenix because someone thought it would be fun to throw things at cars on the interstate. They didnt think that a rock through someone's window would cause them to lose control of their car, killing everyone inside, including 2 small children.

People need to be responsible for their actions. A 23 year old should know better, and hopefully, others learned a lesson.

Fergie

rocksalt would have been better than buckshot in this case but a lot of people have kill and hurt by people throw things at cars, so some times it takes a death to make poeple think about what they are going. i think killing him was a bit much but has anybody had their car hit by something and then been killed when they stoped to see what happen?
also wishing bad things to happen to someone because of what he/she thinks is worse than most anything i can think of, a simple YOU ARE WRONG DINGLEBERRY!! would be enough.

now to get off my soapbox before i fall.:soapbox:

wishing bad things to happen to someone because of what he/she thinks is worse than most anything i can think of, a simple YOU ARE WRONG DINGLEBERRY!! would be enough.

You are absolutely right Mark, and I apologize for shooting from the hip, so to speak. I certainly could have formulated a much more civilized and effective response, I was blinded by outrage.

No sweat man...a little outrage is good for the soul. :viking:

As for the medal... well maybe not, but hopefully the outcome of this situation may prompt others to consider the consequences of their actions (applies to both the shooter and the perp) It's impossible to recall projectiles once they are cast.

Back to your regularly scheduled programme

I hope that redneck turd rots in jail for murder

Was told that the windows at the top of the washington monument got sealed cause people liked to chunk stuff out to watch it hit. Story goes that a person was hit with piece of fruit (forget what kind) and it broke shoulder and some ribs. A 60 mph tomato is gonna sting. Paint ball took skin off my ear when a**hole had his gun revved up. It was fun for some in orlando to drop chunks of concrete and blocks off the overpasses, killed a few people.
Bottom line...23 year old (and friends) was to dumb to leave after pissed off nut job threatens to shoot? They should have married each other. Atleast if they catch the shooter, we'll all be spared two morons breathing our air.

Got to side with Ralph on this one, although where I grew up it was snowballs all the way. Eggs and tomatos would have been expensive ammo in a Chicago suburb.
One winter night in high school, we set out a line of cans filled with rocks on a through street. When the cars would stop to check the noise, we would pelt them with snow balls. No ice, just snow. One guy, a neighbor and a city councilman, was so mad he took off after us. We had to slide down an embankment, and dash in front of a train to get away. If he had gotten close enough to figure out who we were, although he had an idea, our parents would have made our lives hell. A little more appropriate response than shooting.
Hitting the car two more times after being threatened with shooting does seem pretty moronic. I would have been long gone when the car made it's second pass. :)
Fred

Back