• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weird divorce question

shelbyluvv

NAXJA Forum User
I just had a buddy of mine get divorced. He was married for about 13 years and the old lady took him to the cleaners. Most states have a unwritten law that if you are married for such and such amount of years your wife rates a % of you pay and military retirement.

Now here is my off the wall question.

Say, like my buddy you get hosed over by your EX. What happens if you stay divorced for say 2 years then all of a sudden they fall back in lust and re-marry? They can only make it 2 years before they axe divorce again.

Does the EX still rate the full % from the previous marrage? Or does it now reset to your 2 years?

I know it is early and this is a dumb ass question but, I was wondering.

I believe exwife support stops when the women gets remarried so it should stop the first settlement. then if they split again say after 1 year there should be no more support. The key to not going through this is marry a chick who makes equal or more money

The military thing is actually federal law, but it can be adjusted by states. She has to be married to the soldier for half of his military career, 10 years. But if its close like 9.5 the judge can still impose that she gets half. Happened to a buddy of mine.
Bullsh*t if you ask me.

Back