NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old July 9th, 2018, 20:29
NAXJA Member

Overheating/running hot...

Had a similar situation to yours. The culprit was the aux fan relay. Blew the radiator on the trail that day. After replacing essentially the whole cooling system, I hard wired the aux fan to a switch and leave it ON while running trails and sometimes when in traffic on a hot day.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old July 10th, 2018, 05:38
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Overheating/running hot...

I made mounts for mine, I don't play the tie-wrap game!
Old July 10th, 2018, 09:37
NAXJA Forum User

Here's a better pic with the bumper off showing how they're mounted to the valance.
See the install thread for more pics.......https://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1148286
[IMG][/IMG]
Old July 10th, 2018, 11:53
NAXJA Member

Have you considered hood vents? Won't fix any existing problems but should help you out on those hot and high days
Old July 10th, 2018, 12:37
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenspan View Post
Have you considered hood vents? Won't fix any existing problems but should help you out on those hot and high days
Oh yes, I have plans for hood vents. I have 2 uncle's with XJ's plus mine and we all have red (Mine is bottom right). I got mine last and so whenever I make an upgrade that's visible from the exterior I try to do something different than they've done so we don't look like twins (or triplets) out on the trail lol. I don't have hood vents because I haven't found a style that I like that is different than theirs. One of them has has lebaron hood vents and the other has a trapezoid shape. I'm looking for a slim vertical rectangle style.

If you know of any then please share!

Old July 11th, 2018, 13:35
NAXJA Member # 13

Vertical rectangle? I run GenRight units on my hood and they work well. Mine are mounted 6" back from the front end of the hood and inboard from the fender about 6", following the raised edge of the hood. This allows the airflow to enter through the radiator and exit out the vents at low and high speeds.
https://genright.com/products/hood-l...ong-black.html
Old July 12th, 2018, 09:16
NAXJA Member #1310

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ_NorCal View Post
I looked into Napa fan clutches and I couldn't find a Premium option.
I have a new, in the box, Napa fan clutch.
It's identical to a standard-duty Hayden it's all that Napa carries anymore.
01 Sport, 4.6L Russ Pottenger. stroker, AW4, 4" lift, 33 X 10.50 KM2, 4.56-8.25 TruTrac, D-30-E-Locker with alloy shafts, Hidden M8000 winch, Vanco front and ZJ rear disc brakes, Frame stiffeners, Lots of armor, Towing baseplate. http://www.flickr.com/photos/lwade/c...7603770130683/
1997 Country, Mostly stock, 2" lift, Engine mods, Towing baseplate
Old July 12th, 2018, 10:15
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJEEPER View Post
Vertical rectangle? I run GenRight units on my hood and they work well. Mine are mounted 6" back from the front end of the hood and inboard from the fender about 6", following the raised edge of the hood. This allows the airflow to enter through the radiator and exit out the vents at low and high speeds.
https://genright.com/products/hood-l...ong-black.html
Yes, that is the style I've been considering. Your setup is right above the battery and PDC on the passenger side. You haven't had electrical issues? do you have a photo of this setup? Just curious how it looks.