• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vacuum hoses on a `86 2.5l tbi XJ

sivrt

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, I`ve just bought an 1986 XJ with the AMC 2.5l TBI motor and np207. I need a vacuum hose diagram on this engine to make sure the vacuum hoses is set up correctly. Many of the hoses are now plugged.
I think that it is this that causes the engine to go up and down on the rpm`s when idling.
Does anybody have such a diagram or link to one ?

I`m also going to install a cone filter on this engine to gain a few more hp, anything helps you know. Is there anything I have to have in mind during this ? Any hoses or sensors that should be connected to the tube after the cone filter ?

All help is much appriciated.

Morten, fellow Norwegian jeeper.

Vacuum leaks will cause it to hunt too. Check the vacuum bottle behind the RH side of the front bumper (I replaced mine with a universal ball from NAPA, where I now work, for @$20 and put it on the inside fenderwell)

sivrt said:
Hi, I`ve just bought an 1986 XJ with the AMC 2.5l TBI motor and np207. I need a vacuum hose diagram on this engine to make sure the vacuum hoses is set up correctly. Many of the hoses are now plugged.
I think that it is this that causes the engine to go up and down on the rpm`s when idling.
Does anybody have such a diagram or link to one ?

I`m also going to install a cone filter on this engine to gain a few more hp, anything helps you know. Is there anything I have to have in mind during this ? Any hoses or sensors that should be connected to the tube after the cone filter ?

All help is much appriciated.

Morten, fellow Norwegian jeeper.

There should be a vac. diagram on the firewall on the driver side. I don't know if all the lines will be on there but it will be a good place to start from. I was able to follow mine on my 85 but ended up getting rid of all that vac. crap since I have a carb.

HTH

Kim.

Back