• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 XJ chop top crawler

gwarusee13

NAXJA Forum User
Selling my 1999 cherokee, almost at 100,000 on the clock chopped top rear, 8 point internal/external cage. 8"s of lift on brand new rusty's long arms. RE rear spring packs, daystar shackles and spacers, front rock lizard moniter bumper, www.madxj.com ultra high clearence replacement rockers. RE hack and tap+ cv shaft. hd tie rod hd track bar and frame mount. RE stainless braided brake lines front and rear. All 4 doors removable. Just replaced calipers pads and rotors yesterday Flowmaster cat back exhaust, kn intake throttle body spacer, the list goes on. Over 7,000 in aftermarket parts and fabrication put into this rig. Will get picks up tonight. Not a very pretty jeep but I built it for performance not looks. Was my daily driver in this condition for the past 2 years. Still street legal in NC just passed inspection. Oh yeah and there is a trail pass to Uwharrie that is good for the rest of this season. Moving to CO and have to sell, need something a bit more practical for out there. asking 6,000 but hit me with any offer. Located in charlotte NC park road shopping centre area. email [email protected] phone 704-517-3648
Nick

Silverstreak01 said:
what is more practical then a buggy like this in CO....? jk. good luck with the sale
Yeah I know, when I was out there interviewing for my job, I noticed every other car was a modded jeep lol, was pretty cool. I am going to be struggling for the first few months out there and can't afford to pay for gas like I am, and I will be working downtown, need something speedy to get around in. I really wish I could keep it, if I had the money for a down payment on a beater car I would. Having it out there in the summer would be awesome! One day when I am stable financially I will definetly be building up another xj though. Building this one was great! here are some pics . its been sunny out so all the doors are off!
j1-1.jpg

j2-1.jpg

jeepc.jpg

jeepd.jpg

Why does it appear to be leaning to the drivers side in the pictures?

DrMoab said:
LOL...you must not have been around the XJ world too long.

My philosiphy....if you build it...it will lean.

Ha ha, exactly. It has about , ehh I would say a 1-2" lean to the drivers side. Once you go any higher than than stock there is always lean.

gwarusee13 said:
Ha ha, exactly. It has about , ehh I would say a 1-2" lean to the drivers side. Once you go any higher than than stock there is always lean.

mine leaned passenger with a 2" bb on it

shortxjdoug said:
mine leaned passenger with a 2" bb on it

I love the stance a jeep will get aftter a day at the trails, especially having rear leaves, the tilt has been up to 5"s difference at certain times.

Jeep is still for sale. Price is at $4,000 . That is my lowest price i could part it out and make more than this, but that is not an option for me, considering I have no other form of transport and need this cash for a downpayment of my new vehicle.

Have a good one, Nick

Bump for a rig that should be sold already.

Mine leans pretty bad, but I'm pretty sure its cause of the blown out passenger side leaf spring bushing on the shackle side, I compensated by adding adjustable shackles the ones with either 1.5" or 2.5 " or lift from rough countery but now its back to crooked all the same even though at first when I had the driver side shackle adjusted for more lift.

Sad thing is I ordered a set of leaf bushings from rustys along with those 8-9" coils and its been 3 weeks and apparantly ups lost em but I'm tired of my crap sitting crooked.

Last edited:
Back