NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old April 17th, 2005, 14:29
NAXJA Forum User

Door Hinge Pin

I am in the process of making my front door removable but have a quick question first. Is it possible to just drive the hinge pin out with a hammer and punch? It would make cutting the bottom of the hinge off alot easier when the door and hinge is removed. I can't get the sawzall in to the hinge with the door on. Major PITA.
Old April 17th, 2005, 16:19
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Door Hinge Pin

If you're lucky you can just drive it out. Just put a new pin in yesterday that turned into a huge PITA, but pulled the door off to make things a bit easier. I just used a torx bit clamped into the vice grips to get it to fit properly and a little patience to get it all unthreaded.

Bill
Old April 17th, 2005, 20:43
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Door Hinge Pin

I used a small cut off wheel on the end of an air grinder/cut off tool. It was small enough to fit in the door hinge area with a little help from someone pulling the door open just a hair. It might work for you if you have not got the doors off already.