• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holy Cross 19,20,21

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
Thinking about heading up to Holy cross on the weekend of the 19th. My plan is to head up Friday night, camp, run the trail all day Saturday, camp saturday night, then head home Sunday morning. Not sure on that though. May even just do it all Saturday. But am running the trail Saturday for sure. Anyone interested in joining me?

Yup...working on it. Trying to get some stuff done on the XJ. Mainly waiting on parts. I got an invite from the guy who sold me his jeep...there's a cherokeeforum group going that weekend. Not sure about the "getting there" details, but I'm sure we can coordinate a caravan. I'm also camping at least Friday night and possibly Sat to do Chinamans.

I am going to make a point of going along. I haven't even given my jeep a reason to sweat this summer and I have been itching to get off camber. If anyone wants to come up friday and crash in Silverthorne I can host two or so people and jeeps if needed.

Just a note here but I was planning on running HC & Wheeler the weekend of the26th - 28th. My brother and I have been talking about this for a while now and plans are to run HC and Wheeler the same day camping/fishing at Wheeler then heading home. I will post up again in a few days. :thumbup:

Id like to go with! I have saturday the 20th off and ive heard alot of good things about holycross! Anybody wanna take mosquito pass over saturday morning? My rig doesnt have the best road manners haha. How long does it take going over mosquito?

Gonna give the XJ a good look at this week to make sure everything is all good for the trip.

Do we have a solid head count on who's gonna make it?

I'm still planning on going.

Apparently the exit road is closed due to a culvert wash out. That means you have to exit down the first section that is normally one way (going up). This will definitely add some time to the run, so I would suggest we start at a relatively early time.

Would you guys rather meet at the trail head, or the bridge just past the entrance to Homestake road?

FWIW, looks like there could be some other runs on Saturday: http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=186677

Last edited:
I was planning on starting at 10. That ok with you guys? I have a few guys in my brother patrol coming up from Denver that day.

And I dont know care where to meet lol. I have no idea up there as I have never been up there so you just kinda gotta help me out

The CF is going up friday afternoon around 4pm then maybe night wheelin. Then saturday is HC and I think sunday is Carnage BV if I can remember. There is another wave of people coming up saturday morning as well. idk where they are meeting though

Back