• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel pressure test

it looks like it, ive used cheap autoparts store guages before but not this exact one. assuming it has the right schreader valve adapter, it should. it lists the non-compatable fuel systems on the page which is pretty cool.

I purchased the Harbor Freight fuel pressure gage several years ago. When I hooked it up to the schrader valve on the fuel rail and started the engine, the gage face filled up with gasoline and leaks developed everywhere. I returned it to Harbor Freight and got a refund. Lucky not to have a fire in the engine compartment. Purchased a gage from NAPA for about $40 and it works perfectly.

If you buy a Harbor Freight gage I hope you have better luck than I did.

That's the one I have. Works fine for me. I've used it on several different vehicles.

I purchased the Harbor Freight fuel pressure gage several years ago. When I hooked it up to the schrader valve on the fuel rail and started the engine, the gage face filled up with gasoline and leaks developed everywhere. I returned it to Harbor Freight and got a refund. Lucky not to have a fire in the engine compartment. Purchased a gage from NAPA for about $40 and it works perfectly.

If you buy a Harbor Freight gage I hope you have better luck than I did.

OUCH, i didnt want to start bashing hf, but this doesnt surprise me!
otc has a guage at most cheap parts stores, should be $30ish if you want to avoid napa

Got one from HF for $20 and it works fine. SEAL the connection to the gauge and you won't have leaks. Learned that from the reviews on their website.

Back