• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ccv valves

wingnut3k

NAXJA Forum User
had a slight mishap while putting my engine and the short of it is i need both ccv valves...is there anywhere besides the dealer that would have them...i have checked advance and they dont carry them, i have also been to the junkyards around here too they're either a different style or broken off too, i'll be stopping by napa tomorrow...if somebody had a jeep they were parting out that would be great, mines a 93

The rear vent line is the CCV. It's a metered orifice in the connection on the valve cover, and it runs to the manifold. The front is a vent line to the air cleaner and it should be free flowing no matter what.

The parts houses have them for $$, or you can keep looking at salvage yards. My front was a gutted PCV that was hose clamped to a rubber fuel line to the air cleaner. The rear has nice grommets to fit properly, but really amounts to a vacuum line. There isn't a "Valve" in it at all, the V in CCV stands for "Vent."

You can duct tape them together, run a larger vac line over the broken ends of the plastic tubing, glue them, or run a longer piece of vac hose from the valve cover stub to the manifold connection. It's all good if the vacuum is sealed and the vent hose doesn't dump oil on the ground.

Back