• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need new power steering pump

truckeejeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Have blown through 2 reman's in two weeks. Wondering if anyone has any opinions on the Crown or OMIX-Ada pumps. Are these seem to be new pumps. Anyone tried one? Thx -

1991 XJ sport 5 speed 4.0 stock

Crown and Omix-Ada are options of last resort for me. Quality is not their strong suit.

I went with a PSC a few years back. The only issue I have had with it was a leak at the O-ring for the tank to pump fitting. A replacement O-ring took care of that.

I used to have the same problem. Make sure you flush the system to get all the crud out. And put a filter in the return line. I haven't had an issue since I did this 10 years ago.

JIM.

Crown and Omix-Ada are options of last resort for me. Quality is not their strong suit.

I went with a PSC a few years back. The only issue I have had with it was a leak at the O-ring for the tank to pump fitting. A replacement O-ring took care of that.

Same here with excellent results, I ended up using 2 o-rings to keep them from spitting out!

Everything from Crown or OmixAda i have bought for my CJ-7 or XJ has fit poorly, worn out swiftly, or done both at once.

Ditto for the replacement O-ring (3/4" O.D, 5/8" or 9/16" I.D.)

Thanks for the replies. I think I will spring for the PSC. I think it's the 1205. I'll order some extra O- rings as well. Assuming it's a direct bolt-in. Can't be any worse than the last two PS pumps.

Back