• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Anyone offhand know if the Escalade 6.2 engines are like the other gm truck engines vs the car variants in their intake size the cars being much more easy to fit under hood ? I'm finding a few good deals for low miles 6.2 from the gm SUV ?

Anyone offhand know if the Escalade 6.2 engines are like the other gm truck engines vs the car variants in their intake size the cars being much more easy to fit under hood ? I'm finding a few good deals for low miles 6.2 from the gm SUV ?

From what I've seen they look pretty identical to every other truck motor. They used them in the newer denalis too, seen quite a few at work lately. I could be wrong, but they sure look like the truck intake. They pull strong tho for hucking a big SUV around.

From what I've seen they look pretty identical to every other truck motor. They used them in the newer denalis too, seen quite a few at work lately. I could be wrong, but they sure look like the truck intake. They pull strong tho for hucking a big SUV around.

They should they are about 400hp/400lbft and the transmissions are geared much better with the 6l80 and 8l90 than the 4 speeds were . I thought this year was the last year if pricey parts...I was wrong .

Besides LKQ. Craig's list, and mars auto and truck parts ...who has any suggestions for places to add for used engine and transmission sales. I'm looking at primarily lq9 -l99 series engines basically the ho 6.0 and 6.2 and the 6l80 trans . I kind of don't see what I would gain doing a 5.3 lm7 over a nicely built 4.6 stroker the 5.3 only looks like extra fab time for no real power gain , so the 6.0 and 6.2 are what I'm focused on ...lol...maybe I'm wrong it just looks like a 5.3 is wasted effort.

Got some reading , calling and facts checking to do , but it's looking like the best donor for a,6 2 is the suv platform. Once I get the current project wrapped up and my trailer cleaned off I will start looking for a motor/trans to bring home ... I'm not completely opposed to the 5.3 , but I just don't see it being much more motor than a well built 4.6 stroker ... This hobby never stops on bank account draw .

Despite my better judgement ( my judgement sucks always) I ordered yet a 3rd eBay nitrogen regulator this makes #3 in only a few months the first had a diaphragm failure, the second sprung a leak on the low pressure side of the gauges today, so ordered #3 from ebay... by now I could have just bought a nice one that may last .

what in the ungodly hell is with that??lastara

18 struts at full extension...need to do a lot of under body welding next home time so this is the po'mans 4 post lift. It will also tell me if the rear hold a charge with no leaks.
This is ride height on 42 treps
View attachment 6

IMG_20180924_1176.jpg

Last edited:

18 struts at full extension...need to do a lot of under body welding next home time so this is the po'mans 4 post lift. It will also tell me if the rear hold a charge with no leaks.
This is ride height on 42 treps
View attachment 6

But to be honest with it up that talk the thought of some 2.5 tons and 49s had crossed my mind ...maybe not that tall but about 5 inches less . The work required with the 118+ wheel base and no gas tank under the Jeep would make Rockwells a simple swap ...yes the thought had crossed my mind especially since I'm shopping for horse power.

I want an oil pan skid and was looking at the metalcloak 4.0 skid , and was wondering if anyone here had experience with fitment of this on an XJ ? ...lol... I plan a motor swap next year but yet I keep spending cash on 4.0/ aw4 parts from $300 motor mounts to shift controllers...it almost makes a 4.6 attractive .

Last year the original truss and link bridge parted ways with the axle in the v-notch on carnage canyon leaving us to wrestle it back in place and weld it back on in the notch. The welds looked like they failed first then the good side of the truss was twisted off ...Anyway the welds weren't my own and looked to not penetrate the axle tube , but in the spirit of piece of mind I have this mega truss .. lol... It's highly unlikely it will be parting ways with the axle.

IMG_20181001_1858.jpg

My milling machine is up and running. Anyone got any projects?

5gINVSKyGlHlBtfSBD-7kdOk8_afN-k8HHsGR_yzHSdwIxbEp-PEvYE0_FZbEYWX8LXPv-VTgpQMi0LMZChifByLmr2iQP1aMhpfyWSOFiBNB9LG7WRDxI5Nj3Qm_hE5qaublhycfvRPX5LIhTAkMel8YrRiBAQRB5VmgszZONKhIn0qLCoBkJ2ynASQQuOpIcmY7AEPgjOwzRPTDgWKDhkoWWoBPVOdPRkiAyeU-ePv2NlVq5610VE-r0ZMfrKR5JByr6rDPoID3A1mEj50q_sjE6eDWYlbavVo3G8FSBMH9WBwUyoec01xGThjv2PS3fSafXC3oC7uFNU_kK0XL87_qyuOZZjIqzcx9nR3YR_0ZeUBtHMT9DWguoVKakzgxWCV62gdFDuL4H6UjRlrFv1XgsFHL7_Zdrrn-gwXP4zBuOyE0yb7l8ppCdfUIoOQbmuNE6eJdfGDYyA7pWGXzz7Lo27kXslLa1aq-g0e57LOHomoqp6orxqD9bgB8hpHT1EfLLQOKZ9o23uplMA9qOJY46YxtPrxcfa5VlAebCnjmjxcFhJdhp7tHXnjdmg_zsdYXip5QfzCUdp5lbQ5dVgEIfA0v2Vs6KT-OowAFuPARVW-z5Huy0UKk7tWPRc-IK1NVFAvkOjlKiN_uYptKJyiRPiPa1_qzhW9WvlJhWhRmG5dZquY-Jk5=w500-no

Anyone who moderates Facebook page, just delete the recent post about the xj Colorado run before it turns into a shit show.

The Colorado BS thread

Oh so update on my life:
Took truck to local dealer to get it’s due service before heading to front range to pick up a new project and parts. Picked up from dealer, went for a test ride.......
cb940d864e4df380513ae20c46e5172c.jpg

9744de55a809594e94c620d00215a99b.jpg
def2a322b7dc5e42d93328353a04e897.jpg

Dealer tech left lug nuts off/loose and headed up the highway at 65, mid corner (this is up cerro summit out of montrose) the ass end of the truck gets wild and points me at oncoming traffic, took her hard right and into the barrier. Happened real fast, no time for braking or anything else. Exterior of truck looks real good for a 60+ impact, and no airbags or onstar activation. However the frame is tweaked and damaged so needs a frame swap amongst other stuff. Been fighting the dealership and their insurance since the get (their shop was going to touch up frame and ship so I had it taken to a shop I knew)
So currently seeing if I’m having to get a lawyer (through my insurance or not) or if they are going to handle things. Right now it’s shaping up to be a 20k+ claim before they settle out any diminished value or pain/suffering fees and December before shop could anticipate being completed.
See what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back