• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Emissions

GYPj7e7

Well with a new cat she passed. I still want to fix my down pipe as the sealing area has ovaled out, so that is on the to do list.

Get a new O2 sensor when you replace the cat, an old worn sensor can destroy a new cat

If theft is an issue, only use the expensive cat on test days, use the cheapo cat minus the guts for the crooks to steal.

A friend of mine had his cat stolen, he replaced it, one month later it too was stolen. It is getting crazy. Time to hang cat thieves , and yes I am serious, death penalty for them, that will stop them.

Dont fry your tranny! $$$$$$$

X2. At least get a temp gauge in there so you know what it's doing. The trans shouldn't be adding a whole of heat under normal circumstances unless the torque converter isn't locking up. The heat exchanger in the radiator is meant to get it up to temp as well.

Get a new O2 sensor when you replace the cat, an old worn sensor can destroy a new cat
New 02s otw, trying for NGK but might have to use delphi unless ebay will have accurate parts/ not reboxed

If theft is an issue, only use the expensive cat on test days, use the cheapo cat minus the guts for the crooks to steal.

A friend of mine had his cat stolen, he replaced it, one month later it too was stolen. It is getting crazy. Time to hang cat thieves , and yes I am serious, death penalty for them, that will stop them.
I saw an article of a 540 million dollar bust from Cat thieves, holy hell

Dont fry your tranny! $$$$$$$
I'm a little confused, are you under the impression my transmission is not being run through a cooler? To clarify My transmission is running into two small coolers, just not through the rad.

X2. At least get a temp gauge in there so you know what it's doing. The trans shouldn't be adding a whole of heat under normal circumstances unless the torque converter isn't locking up. The heat exchanger in the radiator is meant to get it up to temp as well.
Normally no it doesn't cook to bad, but on high alpine passes and some of the 12hr + driving I do, it coooooooks, toasty trans tunnel. I recently put on a second trans cooler and deleted the transmission input for now, just seeing how it goes for a bit. I did so because I didnt want to burn up the trans. 35s, low power on high alpine highway is not fun driving. I have read about the radiator helping the transmission get to temp, especially in the cold, however I haven't had any shifting issues. Is there more to worry about so far as that set up is concerned?

Get it registered anywhere in Colorado but Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, and Jefferson counties, and in portions of Adams, Arapahoe, Larimer, and Weld counties.

Back