NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old October 11th, 2020, 09:39
NAXJA Forum User

Re: overheating mishimoto rad and pump

good morning; a update on the mishimoto ; I talked to the mishimoto people told them there pump made our yeep overheat; they told me no not our pump; well after some debate he got it through my thick skull it was not there pump, litteraly cause they dont make pumps. it was another companys pump the po put on with the mishimoto stuff and it was a pump evidently made for fast volume rock crawling type that does something special. I put back on the factory pump and mishimoto also told me to clean things they plug easily an i did a super flushing and now the thing runs really cool even with the ac on on mild days it doesnt need the third fan at all. Lesson i learned old 6 blocks are nasty and mishimoto rads plug easily if you dont clean out the block stuff first. thanks for all the help..
Old October 11th, 2020, 10:01
NAXJA Forum User

What cleaner did you use? I'm also curious if you know what pump you were using.
Old October 11th, 2020, 10:04
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrock View Post
good morning; a update on the mishimoto ; I talked to the mishimoto people told them there pump made our yeep overheat; they told me no not our pump; well after some debate he got it through my thick skull it was not there pump, litteraly cause they dont make pumps. it was another companys pump the po put on with the mishimoto stuff and it was a pump evidently made for fast volume rock crawling type that does something special. I put back on the factory pump and mishimoto also told me to clean things they plug easily an i did a super flushing and now the thing runs really cool even with the ac on on mild days it doesnt need the third fan at all. Lesson i learned old 6 blocks are nasty and mishimoto rads plug easily if you dont clean out the block stuff first. thanks for all the help..
A pic would be nice!
Old October 11th, 2020, 13:54
NAXJA Forum User

sorry dont have pic of pump but i got the number its called a flowkooler 1747. thanks
Old October 11th, 2020, 14:38
NAXJA Forum User

That say's it all!
Old October 11th, 2020, 18:45
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP Phx View Post
That say's it all!
So the Flowkooler pumps are a no-go?
Old October 11th, 2020, 20:28
NAXJA Forum User

i wouldnt say no good i just found it not good for what type use i use the jeep for everyday driving light off road. i guess they are real good for rock crawling and slow constantly . An again the flushing could have had a large effect too. id use factory style period if it were me like granny said if it an broke dont mess with it.