• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crown leaf springs

cmahaff

NAXJA Forum User
I've always thought these looked a little flat after I installed them. I kind of forgot about them. Then some guy at checker said it looked like I needed new leaf springs. Well these are basically brand new. It's hard to get a good perspective with photos, but I'm gonna try. Should they bow more? Does this look right?
Everything is mostly stock. Just got those crown hill leafs to try and mimic the up country look
c315f722a8ba3a505306bd0ae75eae53.jpg
07b97f36c2c21698ceeb40e899de0d80.jpg
615deb111b0ad53eb2fd900ab5415536.jpg
1e0e52bf237d9c72e90513e7ad62943d.jpg
73d690df7a0faee353d72ec6f4939de9.jpg

They look saggy, what is measurement from the rim center to fender flare edge ?

They make a standard and a heavy duty spring. Which one did you install?

I have the "upcountry" crown leafs on my 99. They are very flat. My worn out stock ones had more arch than these. Not a great buy IMO. I'll probably be swapping these out for some reputable ones soon.

I bought the Crown Upcountry replacements from Amazon, they have a static 7" arc, I added a full length add a leaf from Iron Rock. It is a very good combo and has not settled any.
I don't carry a bunch of dead weight in the back with the exception of a spare tire on a home fab bumper carrier.
I run a longer than stock shackles with a home brew no lift lay down, 33x10.5 tires and red Rubicon shocks.

I bought the Crown Upcountry replacements from Amazon, they have a static 7" arc, I added a full length add a leaf from Iron Rock. It is a very good combo and has not settled any.
I don't carry a bunch of dead weight in the back with the exception of a spare tire on a home fab bumper carrier.
I run a longer than stock shackles with a home brew no lift lay down, 33x10.5 tires and red Rubicon shocks.
I don't feel like these have settled at all. It seems like they have been fairly flat since day one. I guess I don't notice it being an issue. But don't want it if it's not correct.

All these other ideas sound cool. It's unfortunate im not too techy in this area and don't know exactly what everybody is talking about. Haha

I'm not trying to get much more lift than I already have.

I also have some HD shackle relocators I've been waiting to put on. I wonder what those will do to the crown leafs

Build a bastard pack cut up you flat stock eye leaf and use it as a full length aal on your crown leafs.

And while you're at it, grab a set of ZJ V8 front coils to level it out. The result will be much better than "upcountry" IMO. Roughly 1.5" of lift.

Last edited:
And while you're at it, grab a set of ZJ V8 front coils to level it out. The result will be much better than "upcountry" IMO. Roughly 1.5" of lift.
V8 coils didn't lift my rig that much maybe 1" I doubled up new spring isolators on top of the old squished ones with V8 coils to get just about 1.5". Then I used Ford E-150 coils(flex like a dump truck great for dd only) for about 3"New I have rc coils and they hold me up at 5 after 5 years no sag.

My crowns were flat from day 1. Even worse now that work has me pulling a 6x10 cargo trailer. I can pick the tongue of the trailer up when it's fully loaded, but my jeeps hitch drops 4-6" when i hook it up...

V8 coils didn't lift my rig that much maybe 1" I doubled up new spring isolators on top of the old squished ones with V8 coils to get just about 1.5". Then I used Ford E-150 coils(flex like a dump truck great for dd only) for about 3"New I have rc coils and they hold me up at 5 after 5 years no sag.

Three different part #s for ZJ V8 coils.
5208 8362 will get you 1-1.5" of lift, 5208 8363 will get you 1.5-2".
If the tags are no longer on the springs, have a dealer print you a build sheet off the VIN #.

Back