• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep xj wobble

It could still be out enough to cause your issue. Only a couple degrees could be the deciding factor on your toe and still track straight. you can check it with a tape measure. Measure outside to outside of tire from the front then the rear and compare, I 'd bet their a little off by less than an inch

It could still be out enough to cause your issue. Only a couple degrees could be the deciding factor on your toe and still track straight. you can check it with a tape measure. Measure outside to outside of tire from the front then the rear and compare, I 'd bet their a little off by less than an inch
Xj alignment spec is 1/16” of toe… tire lugs are not accurate enough for this! I mark a crows foot on each tire, put the front axle on a pair of jackstands, and have someone I trust burn an inch on the tape. Then spin the tire 180 degrees, and take the next measurement off the same line! 1/16” error on the tape measure, and a 1/16” worn lug, and your 1/8” off!
Not good enough!

Well I haven’t done any of that. I have a parts zj the steering looked good the xj was shot so I transferred the parts over. Then I took a tape measure and measured c of both tires front and back. And adjusted accordingly. It could very well be off I will probably just take it to a tire shop have them do it. If it’s an alignment issue.

Back