• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seeking help with injectors not pulsing.

klint96xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone, I have a 2000 XJ with 4.0 aw4 and 242 t-case. I am trying to track down a wiring issue with it. I have a brand new pcm, coil, and CPS sensor, so I have a hard time thinking it is due to one of those items. I have spark, but I am not getting fuel. The fuel pump is kicking on, and I have adequate fuel pressure at the rail, but the injectors are not pulsing at all. The probe shows that both wires are recieving ground on every injector regardless of the key being off or in the run position. The number 18 fuse in the engine compartment is blown, which I'm guessing is due to the fact that both wires are grounded.

Can anyone help give me some advice on where to start my next approach on diagnosing this issue? I'm not much of an electrical guy when it comes to vehicles. Thanks for any help you can give, Klinton

2 things that I see, 1 - the injectors are grounded thru the PCM so you shouldn't get a reading when the engine is off. 2 - what is the actual fuel pressure (adequate means nothing)?

2000 Fuse 18 is the Ignition Coil Rail and Fuel Injectors. A blown fuse very likely means a short circuit. A visual inspection for melted or chafed wire insulation, damaged wires and corroded bent or pushed back wire plug pins would be a good starting point. Test wire continuity between the injector and the PCM.

Is the ASD relay functioning ?

Back