• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Paragon run in july

Wanna have another run in July when NAXJA has its Tellico run(July 11, 12, 13). Checked on the PAP calendar and they are having a Coal Mine Cruiser Classic event, but the park is still open to the public. Anyone interested please post, i wanna get an idea of how many are up for it, that aren't going to Tellico this year.

If we get enough people we can split into a couple of groups and run different levels....

Thanks, STROKER

As long as work permits, I'll be there (hopefully in MUCH better mechanical condition than I am now). I think the Pittsburgh guys are planning a Paragon run for around then, so I may be there with a couple of TJ's, a few more white XJ's, and a turbodiesel Samurai. This time you'll be leading the hardcore group.....right?

Sounds like a plan. HOWEVER, to make this even more interesting - check Lynnn's Rausch Creek post elsewhere on the NAC Forum.

NAXJA-NAC has been involved a little in helping RC get started, and it has every bit as much potential as Paragon for all levels of trails. (And has a bonus of being slightly cheaper)

In particular, for the heavy moderate and hardcore guys, the "Rock Creek" trail has to be seen to be appreciated and described.

Since RC is only a half hour or so South on I81 from PAP, this presents a very good opportunity to sample BOTH parks over a 2 day weekend. :cool:

I'm not saying we have to do this, but it definitely should be considered by some of you.

For now though, the July 11 weekend is perfect for me - anywhere!

Mike in NJ :patriot:

No can do...I've got an old family friend coming into town that weekend so I'm booked... (whatelse is new?).
Skorpyo

Ben lead the hardcore group? Hell, I want to see him IN the hardcore group.

If he doesn't, I'll lead the hardcore trails, I just need to get those 37" MTR's mounted and I'll be ready to go.

I'm in too, yeah we should probably have someone lead the hardcore group that actually runs hardcore trails!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry Ben, couldn't resist!! You knew you were going to catch $hit for showboating on the mod trails all weekend.

I think we should take a day and run down to Rausch Creek. I hope to have my disc brakes done by then, that would be the only reason I could not make it. I'll have most of the parts this weekend and the machining done next week.

37" MT/R's huh, anyone make 37.5" tires??? I simply HAVE to be the biggest!!!!!! It doesn't matter HOW many axleshafts I go through...

A.

I dunno you guys...after watching Ben's beast tackle Drumstick's hardest lines I'm thoroughly convinced he's capable of runnin with you guys.

Andy, how do them bushwacker flares look on barnabus?

Sorry I can't make it up...
Skor 'nuff bashin on Ben' pyo

Theres no question at all about Bens rig being capable. It definitely is, just had to pick on him about his choice of trails because we all knew he was more than capable to run with the HC guys.

I held the flares up where they would mount, and I guess they'll look OK, but I'm not sure if they will withstand an encounter with a tree or rock as well as the factory ones. We'll see...they look a little too flashy for my Jeep too. :D

A.

Andy, you'll need bigger then 37.5", check Magoo's sig.

Tim, we get to bash Ben until he does something good with that big rig of his - come to think about it, we'll find something after that too, we don't want him to think we don't love him anymore.

Oh boy i can FEEL the LOVE...i'm gonna run HC in august, when i go up to the HC only run, in the mean time if we get enough people up that weekend that want to do hardcore then we'll run HC, have to go with the majority here.

So as of now we have 5 people, since chris didn't give a positive answer...he just wants to pick on me...:), and cry he needs 37 MTr's...lol.

Thanks bro....

Last edited:
OK, thats it, I'm picking up a set of 52" earth mover tires!!!!!!!!!! Has anyone attempted putting an earth mover up on blocks for tire removal??:)

Nope, I'm done with tires for a while. These 35's will be bald before I change again. Maybe by then I'll have a D60 or 9" HP front axle.

A.

The reason we :heart: Ben:

Ben wrote:
So as of now we have 5 people

Hmmmmm, let's see. Up to that point -

Magoo117 "me,me,me"
Bob Lester "count me in"
BBaker80 "As long as work permits"
Mike in NJ "July 11 weekend is perfect for me"
Lawn Cher' "should be good for me"
Andy in PA "I'm in too"

and, assuming that Stroker is still interested, that makes 7 by most counting practices in the Western world.

Creative arithmetic like Ben's can also be applied to his rig!

We just :loveu: Ben, though! (regardless of what size your tires are)

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Maybe Ben was using the metric system???Andy,my 38's are really kinda small...well not really but maybe you wouldn't feel the need to go for the 52's,LOL.

Fixed?? Working a little better?? What did you break, besides the sidewall of one of your tires. It looked like it was working pretty good last weekend...

A.

Yeah Nick, looked to me like your junk was doing pretty darn well. I'd get a new tie rod though, once they bend they've lost most of their strength.

Sean

Back