• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone using MapSend Topo??

Gridikal

NAXJA Forum User
Just picked up a magellan eXplorist 400 and I can't figure out how to transer these maps for the life of me.

-also on certain zoom in/out levels there are black lines that show up and the interstate signs get all garbelled up.

-other than that I'm liking the GPS so far :D

Last edited:
AFAIK, that is a Garmin-only software. Do you have a link? I'm familiar with the Garmin stuff, but many of the names of these things are very similar.

dothedew24_7 said:
http://www.magellangps.com/en/products/product.asp?PRODID=1044

That is just the product page however.

They gave me a subscption to trails.com as well

Hmm. There is Garmin software called SendMap, go figure. Can't help you, I have heard that the Magellan GPS's are a little more user friendly, but I link mine up with the laptop and various software that reads NEMA format, so only Garmin and specialized survey grade GPS will work. Never really looked into the Magellan much for that reason. Good luck-

i have mapsend topo that i use in my Magellan sportrack. not sure how different your unit and software is from mine but in mine i had to section-off a "region" that was comparable size to the size allowed by the unit itself. and transfer it over. not sure if it helps you. my unit is 2.5 yrs old and alot has changed since.

sidriptide said:
i have mapsend topo that i use in my Magellan sportrack. not sure how different your unit and software is from mine but in mine i had to section-off a "region" that was comparable size to the size allowed by the unit itself. and transfer it over. not sure if it helps you. my unit is 2.5 yrs old and alot has changed since.

Yup just got it working and its probley the same deal- I just sectioned off WV, VA, NC, and MD. It came with a 256MB card so I can fit just about everything on it

-the detail level is amazing for how small it is :sunshine:

Back