• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overhead Console and Vanity Lights Not Working

PhillyPhanInDC

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,
I used the search function on this and had no luck, if I missed it somehow please point me in the direction...

I have '00 XJ Limited and the front and rear overhead lights have never worked (since I got it), nor have the vanity mirror lights. The compass, etc., all work fine in the overhead console. I've replaced the bulbs, and checked fuses. All of the wiring and connections look fine in the console and just above the headliner. The cargo light, and the courtesy lights work in the front floorboards. I'm hoping there might be a common, simple solution I'm overlooking before I have to pull the headliner and start tracing down the harness :looney:.....help anyone?

pull a bulb out and check voltage from a good ground. and then from a 12v source. i think the door lights are a ground switched circuit so im betting its not getting voltage. there is a connector under the dash. i would check there first and see if you have voltage.

Back