• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix Diagnosing

LazarusMJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just read a thread on here about using a multimeter to diagnose a Renix. My truck won't start and I think it is the CPS, but I want to make sure before I pull it out.

Does anyone have the info about which ports in the diagnostic plugs to connect to the CPS? Also does anyone have the proper operating specs for the CPS?

I couldn't find the info today at work (Autozone) and I don't have a FSM yet.

TIA for any help.

unplug CPS connector
Use a DMM set to Ohms. Test between terminal A and B. Resistance should be 200 Ohms +or- 75 to be in spec.

87manche said:
unplug CPS connector
Use a DMM set to Ohms. Test between terminal A and B. Resistance should be 200 Ohms +or- 75 to be in spec.
I highly recommend to check the actual voltage output of CPS. I did this by plugging the _analog_ voltmeter leads into the back of the CPS connector (on the ECU side) and observing slight fluctuations of a voltmeter needle as I was cranking the engine.

The resistance check will show whether the sensor or its wiring is fried. The voltage test will show whether the sensor is fried or not, positioned properly on the bellhousing, and is sending inputs to the ECU.

Back