• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To AMSOil or Not to AMSOil? (already searched)

FitchVA

NAXJA Forum User
i was wondering if anybody's using amsoil motor oil in their xj? on the old dodge board i used to visit when i owned my last vehicle, everyone loved the stuff. but after i did a search here, i didn't find much of anything.

i was considering getting that dual bypass filter setup and running amsoil through it. i know it's a good product, but is it overkill? and it's a little more pricey, but you don't have to service the oil as often. i'm always hearing about the durablility of the I-6. but every little bit helps.

thanks in advance.

I met a guy who swore by the stuff and only changed his oil every 12k and had a truck that was at 120k and apparently still ran fine.
I like the idea but the initial cost is what got to me. And I kind of like changing my oil. How many times have you rolled under the jeep to do another oil change and found something that needs to be fixed/replaced?

FitchVa,
I just like you have been looking at amsoil products lately. I don't really care for purchasing there syn oil when I can just go pick up some Mobil 1 at wal mart but I am very interested in purchasing their BMK-13 oil bypass filtration system. Basically the remote mount with the full flow and bypass filters. If we want to get technical the setup is not a true bypass filtration system (after the oil is filtered by the bypass fliter its retured straight in to the fresh oil feed for the engine to use there for eliminating possible parisitc effects of a return line directly in the pan robbing your engine of oil pressure.) It looks great, I recently got a hold of a SAE report on bypass filtration, that was enough to convince myself to pursue this option. My engine has 50000 mile on it and I want it to last a long time more. Yes you do have to change your oil, but they claim you can change it at extended intervals but I don't care what they recomend, I'd still want to change it at a 5-6k mile interval. Fresh is best. I currently talking with a local dealer here in the Salt Lake area to see if I can get a better price than the $201.00 at the amsoil website.

Its snowing in Salt Lake.

aaaaaaah. now i understand what Lucas was talking about liking to change his oil. i thought he was saying that i would have to have an amsoil certified shop change it or something instead of me being able to change it myself. bear with me, it's been a long week ;)

Back