NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 6th, 2019, 20:26
NAXJA Forum User

Track bar frame mount

Working through installing a lift on my 99 Sport. There was no way I was getting the frame side castellated nut off. Took the bracket off instead, hoping to get the nut off once I had it off for Jeep. On a side note the axle side bolt decided to break as well. Cut the axle side bolt and got the track bar out with the frame side bracket still attached. Cut the tie rod insert below the bracket. The nut is still attached to the pressed in bolt inside of the bracket. I have a JKS Adjustable track bar to replace the OEM trackbar. Can anyone recommend a track bar bracket that will accommodate the JKS track bar? Or am I better off drilling out the bolt/nut from the OEM bracket and reusing it?