• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep cherokee front 4 link design

I agree with the above, this will not work.

Your differential is in the way. So to make this work you will need a sprocket on the end of your articulated / collapsible steering shaft. Then you'll need a chain drive between this and a mating sprocket on the steering box.

As an added bonus you can use sprockets of different size to change the steering ratio and force applied. Be advised you may need a few more sprockets to help route the chain.

Why not use something like a flexy socket extension? This whole set should be enough to reach the steering box on your axle.
31n1JZglavL.jpg

We met the Mamer Team at Blue Water. They were very friendly and willing to talk to their competitors. It was originally a 1700 XJ that changed into a "mini trophy Comanche" as the father and son team progressed in the sport. It has been cut behind the front seats and tube and fiberglass in the uniframes place. Turbo 4L powers the beast. They ran full hydro steering at one point but did not like the feel and replaced it with the linkage idler set up. Pics from Oct '13

That's like, a page right out of the hack-fabricator inbred hillbilly mud truck building handbook.

No offense intended if that doesn't describe you... if it does, I can't really help except to say it's a horrible idea.

Where is the "like" button when you need one?!

A great sory for Jeepspeed. Bob Mamer raced this as a Jeepspeed Challenge Class 1700 Cherokee for 3 or 4 years then progressed to our Jeepspeed Cup Class 3700 with the Comanche conversion. There are some old 1700 cars for sale that would be a good donor for folks to copy Bob.

Yeah the front steering on that racecar is a bit odd to look at. But in theory it should be very stable on consistant whoops and rough terrain, as the axle is staying centered under the Jeep, as well as no bump steer.

But daym, looking at it, I was like WTF? Hey Charles would ya Look At That. LOL....

Very nice over all jeep though. I hope to complete with it in a few years. Ok well a month or two, IF ONLY MY DAYM SHOCKS would show up so I can complete my Jeep!

Back