• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Neither fish nor fowl.
Ugly styling IMHO, but ive always been more of a brick on wheels kinda guy.
I prefer cars that i can actually work on with out having a college degree in astrophysics...
Think of the complexity of a lift kit for this thing? Holy Hell...

Nice if you want a luxury rig for hauling kids and driving dirt roads, but looks way to technologically advanced and expensive to take off road. If something breaks, good luck fixing it and especially fixing it on the cheap!

I think it looks like a Trailblazer got drunk and knocked up a Mazda Cxsomething. Airbags make it "trail rated"? Please.

a collision warning system, adaptive cruise control, and a blind-spot/rear cross path detection system.

If you use any of these features, you shouldn't even be driving, let alone driving a fullsize SUV. Take your stupid arse to the bus stop where you can't kill anyone.

Wow, I'm a little angry tonight, but the remarks stand- you shouldn't need the vehicle to maintain your SA. And it's still ugly, and I've been drinking. If it's ugly when you're drunk, it's too ugly to live.

Last edited:
Yea! i finally get to use.....lastara

Don't mind the styling, will take a pass on the electronic nannies.

ME Likey. Of course i would buy a WJ before i would buy one of those though!

Next thing youll be doing is pulling these out of mud bogs after a teenager with daddy's money tries to take his "Jeep" out for a spin.

Yeah, real original styling...... :rolleyes: Looks like a Subie Tribecca..........

5637-048-rear-3-4-480.jpg

004_2011jgc_opt.jpg

2008.subaru.tribeca.20121919-396x249.jpg

000_2011jgc_op.jpg

Last edited:
Dont they always say "original styling". Wouldnt it be funny if they said "Yea this Jeep looks like the bastard-child of subura and bmw X5, but buy it anyway since our company sucks at designing cars that people really want to buy."
Idk, that just seems more fiting.

ext_gallery06.jpg

That's what I thought, until I put them side by side......prolly take the 390HP AWD SS over the WJ.

With all of the new technology, features and luxury in this new model, I believe that they are going to have a hit for their target audience. And by target audience I mean moms and older people of which 99% of them will never take it on more than a dirt road or snowy street.

In that respect, it should be a homerun and it should sell pretty well. Unfortunately for people like us who like to use the Jeep to its full potential, it is too expensive and has too many electronics to make it simple enough to easily repair. I guess that's what the JK is for.

Why did they ever kill our XJ?

I don't care how much power/torque it makes @ 4800 rpm, I wanna know what the curve looks like down low. Pretty sure I've never pushed 5 grand while wheeling. Not in anything like a Jeep or truck at least.

Back