NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old March 20th, 2005, 22:57
NAXJA Forum User

TSkid Location???

This may sound silly but here goes. Does anybody have a picture of a factory Tsid location. I bought a used one and I don't have any install directions. Need some help. Apicture would by super help.
Old March 21st, 2005, 09:31
NAXJA Member #920

Re: TSkid Location???

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryDog
This may sound silly but here goes. Does anybody have a picture of a factory Tsid location. I bought a used one and I don't have any install directions. Need some help. Apicture would by super help.
Don't have any pictures handy, but I do have one of these installed, so I can verbally paint a picture for you:

The skid mounts to the crossmember and driver's side frame rail. The frame rail mounting point is farther aft than the crossmember points, and when looked at from the driver's side, the skid should appear to go down as it goes aft.

If memory serves, the factory kit includes three bolt/nutcert pairs - two for the crossmember and one for the frame rail.

I think I may still have the scan of the instruction sheet from my T/C skid - if I do, I'll try to post it if you need more help.

Rob
Old March 21st, 2005, 18:32
Freakish Hand Strength

Mine has a lowering kit on it but it is located in the same place. Looking from the drivers side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjeeper

People are dumbfounded when I tell them I know how to change the spark plugs on a car.
Old March 22nd, 2005, 05:28
NAXJA Member #920

Thanks for the visual assist, Tim - saves me hunting down my instruction sheet (which doesn't have any pictures anyway).

AngryDog: Assuming that your XJ is completely stock, if you look underneath right now you'll only see the crossmember, and it'll be bolted directly to the frame rails on either side of the vehicle.

The spacers in TIM_MN's picture are the lowering kit - it's for the transfer case, and isn't required when installing that skid. You should only have that if (1) you have lifted your Jeep and have encountered driveline vibes, or (2) you have a bone-stock '97-'01 model with vibes, in which case someone may have installed one as a fix for the problem.

Any more questions, let us know.

Rob
Old March 22nd, 2005, 09:22
NAXJA Forum User

Thanks a ton for all the info and visual. I am going to put it on today.