NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Other Technical Forums > JeepSpeed, Prerunner and Competition Tech Forum
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

JeepSpeed, Prerunner and Competition Tech Forum For Discussion of Modications related to Prerunning, JeepSpeed, KOH, Rock Racing, and any other speed based competitions

Old October 27th, 2014, 01:09
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Project wannabe Jeepspeed

I like the build. Ive been debating on the FT kit for a long time now. Just cant seem to pull the trigger on it. Have to let me know how you like it when its done.
Old October 28th, 2014, 08:23
ouch.

i've never heard anyone have a single complaint about the full traction kit other than the price. the team naxja KOH car is running full traction arms.
Old October 28th, 2014, 08:31
NAXJA Supporting Vendor

Well there are more complaints online (and personally) than any other manufacture, when it comes to customer service and the overall arrogance of the 2 owners. Mixxed with their leaf springs being rated a "jeepspeed" pack, yet after one race I lost over 2" of lift and a center bolt, only to be told "come on dont you think thats a bit abusive", by them. So why call em a Jeepspeed pack if they cant handle one race. I could see every 2-4 races having to rebuild em. Or like every season as most with deavers to. But one race? And thats just one of the Many times I had contacted them on other things also.

But overall as a lift, they are one, of the 2 long arm lifts I would ever install on my own rig.
All your drivetrain And Jeep needs at a Discount! Call us for all your drivetrain & Jeep accessorry needs. If it is for a Jeep we can get it for less and with superior service. Yukon, USA Standard, Motive, Ten factory, Detroit, ARB, Teraflex, Rock Krawler & A LOT MORE..
All items ship FAST! ~ http://www.rwkhaussupply.com ~ Robert@RWKHausSupply.com Free shipping on Rock Krawler kits. Dana 30 no question asked 1yr warranty axle kits FOR LESS!
Old October 28th, 2014, 11:24
Coffee Drinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWKHausSupply View Post
Well there are more complaints online (and personally) than any other manufacture, when it comes to customer service and the overall arrogance of the 2 owners. Mixxed with their leaf springs being rated a "jeepspeed" pack, yet after one race I lost over 2" of lift and a center bolt, only to be told "come on dont you think thats a bit abusive", by them. So why call em a Jeepspeed pack if they cant handle one race. I could see every 2-4 races having to rebuild em. Or like every season as most with deavers to. But one race? And thats just one of the Many times I had contacted them on other things also.

But overall as a lift, they are one, of the 2 long arm lifts I would ever install on my own rig.
I called them a few times to order up a kit and they pulled the "we'll have to call you back" which they never did. I took my money else where and I'm happier with what I ended up with.
99 4.0/AW4/231, with a few basic bolt ons.

Click here to support
Old October 28th, 2014, 21:40
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjohnson View Post
I like the build. Ive been debating on the FT kit for a long time now. Just cant seem to pull the trigger on it. Have to let me know how you like it when its done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmJeeper View Post
i've never heard anyone have a single complaint about the full traction kit other than the price. the team naxja KOH car is running full traction arms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWKHausSupply View Post

I will share my personal experience so far with FT. When I first started prospecting the owner, Steve, was arrogant but very helpful (Im immune to arrogance thanks to my father!). After I decided to pull the trigger, they sent me the kit you see in the pic for $1495 shipped minus leaf packs because I had previously picked up a set of near new Deavers for $175. When the kit arrived it did not have FK Heims like I was told it would (To my knowledge FK heims are always marked FK, these are not) I moved on to install the kit and when I installed the upper arms they were 4" too short so I called Steve and he said doubtful, but send him a pic. After sending him the pic he called back and said they sent TJ arms, classic mixup, they next day'ed XJ arms like they had said they would. Now move on the aligning the front end, for some reason the track bar seems like its a bit too long, after adjusting the track bar to minimum adjustment the axle is still 3/4"-1" to the passenger side.I have contacted Steve 2 times and emailed pics and they keep saying the will call back but so far I haven't heard back via email or phone. Now I am aware that built a new lower track bar mount but my measurements compared to a stock mount are within an 1/8" and my Jeep has never been in a bad accident, so I was seeking help but I seem to be on my own on this one.
Old October 28th, 2014, 21:47
NAXJA Forum User

I should also note that the quality of the kit is great. If I could do it all over again, I would order the Full Traction kit hands down, the product you get for the price is great IMO. I'll update once I drive it and see how it handles also
Old October 28th, 2014, 21:49
NAXJA Warranty Voider

Personally, I have had nothing but GREAT experiences with Full Traction. I found their kit to be top notch, and their support to be very good (yes there's a little attitude, but I've been happy at the end of every contact).

They get a 'would buy again' in my book.
Old October 28th, 2014, 23:30
NAXJA Forum User

Some guys have great luck and others havent which is why im not sure if its the right kit for me. Just like anything else on a forum everybody has there opinion. Either way i like your setup and impatiently waiting for more pics.
Old October 29th, 2014, 06:24
NAXJA Forum User

Project wannabe Jeepspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjohnson View Post
Some guys have great luck and others havent which is why im not sure if its the right kit for me. Just like anything else on a forum everybody has there opinion. Either way i like your setup and impatiently waiting for more pics.

Very true. Like I said the product is amazing, just tough in the Cust service dept. If you aren't thin skinned purchase a kit, you won't regret it! More pics to come buddy, wheels and tires should be here today and there are much more ideas in the plans
Old October 29th, 2014, 21:42
NAXJA Forum User

They own a few other offroad companies that deal with imports such as Suzuki, Isuzu, and Nissan. I've tried dealing with them on the Suzuki side and they are very hard to deal with. The people on the phone only seemed to know what was printed on the website and nothing more. I had customer kits that had issues like accident caused damage, they wouldn't sell replacement parts of their kits, only complete kits. And if you tried a little harder, you only got serious attitude like you should never pick up another tool and don't bother calling them back... The owner is a total asshat and refuses to deal with replacing any parts unless you are the original purchaser and send them the damaged part first, doesn't matter if you are willing to pay for the parts first or not...
Old November 4th, 2014, 06:49
NAXJA Forum User

Had some goodies show up...
Old November 5th, 2014, 10:19
NAXJA Member

Those are dead sexy
Old November 5th, 2014, 10:23
NAXJA Forum User

Your Jeep is coming along nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoEagle View Post
They own a few other offroad companies that deal with imports such as Suzuki, Isuzu, and Nissan. I've tried dealing with them on the Suzuki side and they are very hard to deal with. The owner is a total asshat and refuses to deal with replacing any parts unless you are the original purchaser and send them the damaged part first, doesn't matter if you are willing to pay for the parts first or not...
Ah yes, CalMini where the tech staff only knows whats printed on the website. I tried ordering parts for my Nissan from them only to have them never call back and when I converted my XJ to long arms Full Traction pulled the same disappearing act.
Old November 8th, 2014, 16:25
NAXJA Forum User

Got the lower shock mounts all done and leaf packs back together. Also finished up the rear bedcage, will post pics of it this weekend!
Old November 8th, 2014, 16:26
NAXJA Forum User