• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HITR 3.6-3.10

I can only see two things wrong all the weight on top and you went up the side lol ;-) looked fun tho

Read the report on Expedition Utah, looked like a great trip!

IIRC Derek didn't make that one either last time, but we already had Ranger Rick's rig with a grenaded tcase to tow all the way out of there so didn't want him to try too hard. Having Alex winch Rick up and over that was a ton of fun.

Check me out. At the top of the Chute. What did I do wrong?
http://youtu.be/TCLhFpScm5Y

It was a great trip. Trip report at rockymountianextreame.com
Looks like the first driver just needed just a little more rolling momentum at the start and then perhaps a tad more wheel speed and he would have been there.

Your approach was just a little crooked I think... at the last second you turned driver into that washout at the base. That put your rear pass wheel in the hole and your driver a foot or so away from the base. I think that if you had been 2 feet to the pass side and straight on then your rear wheels would have been at the base right at the time your front wheels wanted to get airborne. That *should* have helped keep them down just enough. With the slight angle you were at you were just entering that washout area when your front tires hit that small bump in the climb.Since your weight was to the rear your front was already unloaded so that popped your front tires up in the air. (also, a little more to the pass side and that bump your front tires hit doesn't look as severe...)

If you compare the first approach to the second, the first was just a tad more passenger and he didn't get the tires airborne until he slide driver and hit that wash...

I think Toby is on to something with the top weight, but also, how much fuel was left in those tanks on your bumper? That and the spare are pulling you back too... But I know how it is when it's a camping trip - crap has got to go somewhere!!

Great writeup on RME, I'm jealous!

Yes, I was very over weight on that trip. 4 days on the trail and I don't like being uncomfortable. I wonder if a suck down strap on the front axle would have also helped.
The first vid was my brother. He has never done any rock crawling. Needless to say it scared him badly. I was surprised that I got the front airborne so soon.
I think your right about the line, more passenger. I chose a whole different line and went right up.
It was a really fun trip.

A lot of weight in the rear+waterfall climbs no mater how big or small=no weight on the front and it floats like yours did. But that's not really an easy climb either.

Back