• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NO FIRST GEAR

thejackscavage

NAXJA Forum User
around this time last year i purchased my 1997 cherokee xj sport with the 4.0L and AW4 automatic transmission. i found over the summer that at some point i lost first gear but i still have all other forward gears and reverse. i got the correct fluid level in her and that did not fix anything. i replaced the TPS MAP and cleaned the idol air controll and the MAF then dropped the pan all seemed normal. no excessive ammount of friction material or metal shavings in there. took a resistance reading of the solenoids. all checked out ok, each solenoid just around 12 ohms which is correct from what i have been told. i havent yet gotten a mainline pressure reading but all that would tell me is that there is an issue not the cause of that issue right? my tv cable also is adjusted correctly. im really not sure what else to do trying to see if there is anything else i can do before i drop the valve body and or get into a rebuild. anybody have any ideas, tips, tests, or experienced this before??

Have you checked the inputs/outputs at the TCM?

Back