• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Regearing for dummies

Legit items sure, but when you put the mirror back on right there, let that one go.
Just for the sake of perspective let me offer up a scenario:
You pull a guy over for no mirror, he tells you he was just doing some work today and he was in a hurry and didn't put it back on yet but he has it right in the truck and will put it on right now. He does and you let him go. A couple days later you see him again and guess what? No mirror. The point is when too many people scam you, you get less tolerant of the whole "I will put it on right now" thing.

Which would be fine if that's the only thing he's writing you for, but like my situation, the ticket for mudflaps would be enough to remind me not to leave the house without my wallet. Posative re-enforcement goes much further than being a jerk. My wife had a taillight out, and happend to have a spare in the glovebox(gotta love 2 packs). The officer not only didn't issue a ticket, he helped her change it. Next time we were in the parts store, she grabbed another pack to keep in the glovebox. Posative encounters create posative results.

For the record, I've been employed as a Texas Police Officer for 2 years now. Now, i've come to realize how things are on "our" side.

Can't beat them, join them? LOL.

I've had my fair share of run in with cops. There are good and bad ones.

Which would be fine if that's the only thing he's writing you for, but like my situation, the ticket for mudflaps would be enough to remind me not to leave the house without my wallet. Posative re-enforcement goes much further than being a jerk. My wife had a taillight out, and happend to have a spare in the glovebox(gotta love 2 packs). The officer not only didn't issue a ticket, he helped her change it. Next time we were in the parts store, she grabbed another pack to keep in the glovebox. Posative encounters create posative results.
Agreed indeed.

i guess im just lucky... the second scenerio has always been my experience. 20 over on the turnpike, no seat belt, rolling through a stop sign, not having current registration, busted tail light.... got pulled over doorless one time, didnt say a damn thing about being doorless. zero tickets in my name too. :)

i guess ive never had ill experience with law enforcement. both state troopers and local law enforcement, even campus PD. i feel like having your stuff ready, and a simple, "yes sir, no sir," go a long way. even if they guy is having the worst day, at the very least, your minimizing damage, and keeping him/her from LOOKING for more things to throw at you.

Regearing IS NOT for Dummies

Setting up gears has the tightest tolerance of any thing in a vehicle and takes the most patience, skill, and experience. It is not something to jump into lightly. One mistake and the gears are toast.

Piston to cylinder wall clearance has tighter tolerances, that and bearing clearances inside the engine. :)

Back