• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions on trail runs needed

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
It looks like we will have around 25 rigs in Ouray. Grant and I were talking and we were thinking that may be a bit large of a group to do the trails easily. It can be done, but may impact the fun level a bit due to the somewhat longer time required.

What does everybody think about running two groups each day. One run BB/Imogene and the other run Alpine Loop and then swap the second day? I am open to the option. It would be nice to have the whole group together for photos and such, but it is not strictly necessary.

Opinions?

I think that your idea would work just fine. As far as it goes for my wife and I, we want to be able to run BB, then spend the day in Telluride, and return via the hardball.

Just keep us posted as to what day you'll be doing BB.

Fergie

That'd be SWEEEET! It looks like I may miss the Sunday run, so it'd be awesome to to get a chance to do the Alpine Loop on Monday.
Sounds AWESOME! :clap:

Tom,
Sounds good. But I'm a little concerned about Black Bear and my pretty much stock Jeep. Is there an alternative route or trail near BB?

Thanks,
Michel

p.s. What trails are in the Alpine Loop?

Black Bear is going to test your driving ability a lot in either a stocker or built rig just because of the terrain and height your dealing with. Alpine is made up of Engineer and Cinimon(spelling) Engineer is realitively rough right now due to the late snows and washout. Starting in Ouray is the roughest route, when our group of three modiefied XJs were there three weeks ago, all the stock rentals were being instructed to go down it, not up. We all made it without a problem, a ton of fun and some great views. At the peak we turned around, ran a small section of Cinimon to Animas forks then took California and Corksrcrew Gulch, that was a great route if you planning on heading back to your starting point town of Ouray

Back