• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion

If and when I get the 5 speed xj on the road I would like to hit up some of this type stuff. Then again entering the Ghost in a show might be funny. :)

I thought about entering my Jeep in the show until I realized that I'd be without transportation for 2 days!

They require you to turn over the keys, only have 1/4 tank of gas or less, and protect the floor from leaks - oh, and it needs to be washed...

It's nice to see their site was finished before it went live...

2015-07-28%2015_30_50-Smoky%20Mountain%20Jeep%20Invasion%20_%20Jeep%20Ride_zpsnwdks2lv.png

PS... why do they make you give them your keys?

Not sure, Brian. I guess they don't want people to try to start their trucks or move them around while they are on the floor.

I see very few Cherokees on their event website. I may be the only one there!!

Well I guess I'll rep the crowd that doesn't bolt crap on....I mean the crowd that doesn't hire a 4x4 shop to bolt crap on.

I'm fairly sure I'll be one of the few Jeeps there with body damage!

I've never been to a cheerleader convention before....

Well I guess I'll rep the crowd that doesn't bolt crap on....I mean the crowd that doesn't hire a 4x4 shop to bolt crap on.

I'm fairly sure I'll be one of the few Jeeps there with body damage!

I've never been to a cheerleader convention before....

I have. I went to the Sheriff's JeepFest in GA a couple times.

There'll be 32,000 Wranglers and 12 XJ's.

8 of the XJ's there will be built just like the Wranglers. (Shop bolt on and not a smudge on the paint.)

The only thing fun about JeepFest is the obstacle course.

I think it would be funny to drag my pile of parts to one of these one day...... :greensmok

I think it would be funny to drag my pile of parts to one of these one day...... :greensmok

I've taken my green Jeep to these things.

I've only seen a VERY small handful of actual trail rigs. 98% of the rigs that attend these things are super mall crawler status.

I don't have a lot of hope that I meet many like minded Jeepers - but people watching all the "bros" and their chromed out mall crawlers will be fun.

The ride on Sunday is about a 40 mile pavement run to Cade's Cove and back. I'll do it for the scenery.

They said they have about $15,000 in merchandise that they are raffling on Saturday.

They said they have about $15,000 in merchandise that they are raffling on Saturday.

lots of JK LED headlights and that angry eye grill visor thing. maybe some sweet 20" wheels hahaha

I don't have a lot of hope that I meet many like minded Jeepers - but people watching all the "bros" and their chromed out mall crawlers will be fun.

The ride on Sunday is about a 40 mile pavement run to Cade's Cove and back. I'll do it for the scenery.

Oh, If I were closer I'd go for sure. They're usually fairly fun. I'm just saying, be prepared to get looked at like the scum of the Earth for driving a dented XJ. lol

Oh, If I were closer I'd go for sure. They're usually fairly fun. I'm just saying, be prepared to get looked at like the scum of the Earth for driving a dented XJ. lol

Kind of like happened before I did the RTI ramp as an afterthought at the last 4WP Jeep Day and beat all the JKs on 37s.

I guarantee I won't find a Wrangler driver with a 4.0 there that could tell me the firing order of that engine, or the spark plug gapping on the same, or their drive line angle, or anything else about it (except how much he paid for his LED light bars).

Some people simply have more money than sense.

13ba6155002596cab84840000fa6726a_zpseqldygvv.jpg

Jeep%20Brah_zps6nliwmbd.jpg

Burn_zpsvmfp7gob.jpg

I'll be up there working. All those people with more money than sense put food on our table....

Last edited:
Where are you going to be working? I'll come by and say hey.

Back