• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Battery Light Function

1990 Comanche

NAXJA Forum User
Have a 1990 Comanche that is new to me. Need to find an answer to the following simple question:
Should the battery light come on as a check when the ignition is on and the engine not running? Most cars do this so that you know it is working. Mine is dark all the time, I have checked the bulb and it is good.
I am concerned that the whole warning light circuit is not working at all and need suggestions on how to resolve it. Alternator and battery are working fine.

Thanks

I take it you have idiot lights and not a full cluster? I do not recall my battery light coming on when I had my dummy gauges. With the exception of when my alt. was not working. In theory you could disco an alt wire and fire up the truck and see if it lights up?

I have Dummy Gauges on my 93 xj. The battery, and oil light come on along with two lights on the left of the steering wheel when the key is turned to Acc.

Back