• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Labor Day weekend

tcharon

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone wants to plan something for this weekend & Labor Day. I was thinking of camping at Blue Lakes & running Dear Valley one day down & back then close by, Strawberry Pass another day or add some exploring. Mariel & I could head in & save some spots Friday morning & stay till Monday. It's only a 45 minute easy drive from Carson so folks could come up for a day run or a beer & BBQ at night. Lets kick it around & see who might be interested or have other ideas. Any thoughts? Thom

I think blondejon is doing dv/niagra rim this weekend, i'm sure he'll chime in. I'm fixen to go to the beach, pismo dunes most likely.

I am sure you all know about this but I will repost anyway:

Cantina for the Con

Time: Saturday September 4 at 10:00am - 6:00pm
For: Rubicon Trail Foundation
Taco feed and raffle to support the Rubicon Trail Foundation's efforts to keep the Rubicon open year round for all to use.

Ticket info: 888-6RUBICON (888-678-2426)
email: dave.gross at rubicontrailfoundation.org
Tickets:
1 - $1.00
15 for $10.00
32 for $20.00
85 for $50.00
200 for $100.00

Please support us with your financial donations or come and help with FOTR to work on the trail. Or do both!!

Last edited:
Thanks Tom for the invite. I have all of my fam in town for the rib ccok off this weekend here in Ree-Noo. Have fun & take pic's..

I am sure you all know about this but I will repost anyway:

Cantina for the Con

Time: Saturday September 4 at 10:00am - 6:00pm
For: Rubicon Trail Foundation
Taco feed and raffle to support the Rubicon Trail Foundation's efforts to keep the Rubicon open year round for all to use.

Ticket info: 888-6RUBICON (888-678-2426)
email: dave.gross at rubicontrailfoundation.org
Tickets:
1 - $1.00
15 for $10.00
32 for $20.00
85 for $50.00
200 for $100.00

Please support us with your financial donations or come and help with FOTR to work on the trail. Or do both!!

I have been going for the last 3 years. Not this year though. I usually take the jeep up to Fashoda with the family then run up the Con on a Day trip. Since i blew the RMS on the way home from Sierrafest, its not road/trail worthy. :cry: I will have to get my raffle tickets online.. Good cause but it would be nice to win something this year!

i posted about DV, SR and niagra rim, im sure you saw that. pm me your number ill call you and chat. i was planning on running Strawberry to 88, DV to 4, the SR, then niagra rim depending on breakage. ill be covering alot of ground but stopping early every night to set up camp so we can drink beer and post up at the good night wheeling spots and enjoy.

ill most likely be seeing you at the DV trail head friday at some point thom. not 100% if we will take strawberry or not from 50 or take mormom emmigrant trail to 88 and just chill

pm sent ont eh hp30....

We'll be at the mid Blue Lakes campground starting about 2: Fri. Arctic Fox truck camper & red Duramax. CB channel 5, cell 775-220-2017. Running Deer Valley Sat. starting down about 10:20 AM , Strawberry Pass Sun. from 88 to 50 then back down. Tom

it was fun meeting you Thom, thanks for letting my brother and i wheel deer valley with you, that was a very fun trail!

it was fun meeting you Thom, thanks for letting my brother and i wheel deer valley with you, that was a very fun trail!

We all had a blast, good to have you join us, again next time.

Back