NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old August 29th, 2009, 14:55
NAXJA Forum User

Brake & Hazard lights not working

According to my trusty???? Haynes repair manual the two have one common link besides ground and that's a 20 amp "CLK HAZ STOP" fuse. I don't have a "CLK HAZ STOP" fuse in the fuse box. I see one for clock, turn/bu and a hazard relay.

I haven't found ANY blown fuses in the fuse box under the dash or under the hood. Or any bad bulbs although the only lights I pulled and checked where the rear lights.

Any advise??
Old August 29th, 2009, 15:53
Freakish Hand Strength

Re: Brake & Hazard lights not working

Two things: Always include the model year, engine size, and transmission type in your postings. Include the T-case and any other related information as needed. The correct answer to many simply and some complex issues will vary drastically based on the the model year and/or the installed options.

Chilton's and Haynes are for oil changes and brake jobs, they are useless for much beyond that. If you are planning on working on your Cherokee you need a Factory Service Manual (FSM) for your model year. It has the exact detailed information (including wire diagrams) that, again, can vary from year to year. The are for sale new and used on the Internet and on eBay.

Basic electrical trouble shooting is to check fuses, wires, relays, ground connections, bulbs, and switches for damage, corrosion, or malfunctions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjeeper

Go ahead and slam the liftgate down on a blanket, and see how long you are laughing.

Last edited by Tim_MN; August 29th, 2009 at 15:57.
Old August 29th, 2009, 17:13
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Brake & Hazard lights not working

*****************NEVER MIND FOUND A BROKEN WIRE UNDER THE HOOD BY THE FUSE/RELAY BOX------------- ITS ALL GOOD NOW************

FSM Yeah the mechanics where I work have them for our Macks. Great for training PM guys, parts changers and letting em knowing if they dont wanna fix it themselves!!!

Last edited by johnferg69; August 29th, 2009 at 17:26.