• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wharton State Forest Feb 18th 2007

Myles

NAXJA Forum User
This run was organized by the The Mid-Atlantic Full Size Jeep Club ( http://w1.midatlantic-fullsize-jeepclub.org/information/about.php ). I went as a guest and I thank them all for a good, well organized run! Pictures can be found here

The only mishaps were a broken coil wire (five minutes to find and repair) and me getting stuck in a hole under the ice. JR pulled me out with his '81 Honcho.

There were 10 Jeeps in all: 7 full sized jeeps, 1 XJ (mine), 2 little jeeps and 1 honcho!

We went south on Quaker Bridge Rd from the Ranger Station at Atsion Lake (pretty tame) then across the river up to the monument. We detoured a little bit so I don't know which roads we were on but right after the monument, we found a guy that had his frontier stuck for a few days (JR pulled him out).

We proceeded on to Apple Pie Hill and broke up from there.

It was a good time and again I thank the good folks of the Mid-Atlantic Full Size Jeep Club for having me along!

Bill,

Click a few times 'till you get a larger photo. There should be an icon tool bar at the bottom. The green arrow is for download!

Back