• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sway bar drop bracket

diabloxj

NAXJA Forum User
i was thinking about buying a sway bar drop bracket. now i know it drop the bar about 2 inchs and moves it forward. thats what i need to is to move it forward, the sway bar links hit the spring making a noice. (i hate that) my queston is if the bracket lowers the bar do i need smaller links? i have an 8 inch lift so the links are bigger do i need to cut 2 inch off of them to work?

did it help keep the links from hitting the spring? and with it being lower and more in the front does it can hang up on anything?

I have a 6" lift and am using 2" sway bar drop brackets that I had to move forward another inch to keep the ends of my sway bar from hitting the springs. The real solution is to disconnect the sway bar when "wheeling", and move the ends up out of the way.
I have never had contact between my drop brackets and a trail obstical.

diabloxj said:
did it help keep the links from hitting the spring? and with it being lower and more in the front does it can hang up on anything?

yeah it stopped it from hitting the springs and I have no problems with them getting hung up on anything

get some rectangular tube, cut it in a diagonal fashion, then drill two holes on top then two on the bottom. bam, $4 drop brackets

Do you have original sway bar links?
I'd the same problem with 4" lift, I've used home made, longer, sway bar links and solved the problem.
Small pederson, if you make the drop down block with a straight hole you take backward the swaybar more, increasing the problem?????

thats why you cut it in a diamond like shape, so you can drill one set of holes offset to the other.

Back