• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What Years Modles Are Compatable

rod74

NAXJA Forum User
I Have A 92 Cherokee 2 Door 4.0 . 4x4 . I Would Like To Do A Few Upgrades And Mods But In My Search For Donor Jeeps I'm Not Sure What Year Models Are Interchangeable . Could You Guys Give Me Some Advise Or Point Me To A Threda Or Web Site To Help . Thanks . On Another Note You Guys Are Great Thier Is A Tone Of Good Soild Info On This Site , For An Idiot Doit Your Selfer Like Me This Is A God Seend ..

rod74 said:
I Have A 92 Cherokee 2 Door 4.0 . 4x4 . I Would Like To Do A Few Upgrades And Mods But In My Search For Donor Jeeps I'm Not Sure What Year Models Are Interchangeable . Could You Guys Give Me Some Advise Or Point Me To A Threda Or Web Site To Help . Thanks . On Another Note You Guys Are Great Thier Is A Tone Of Good Soild Info On This Site , For An Idiot Doit Your Selfer Like Me This Is A God Seend ..
Depends on what parts but your 92 is goes back to 87. 93 there were lots of changes in mid year. Body stuff back to 85.

You Aren't Pursposely Capitalizing Each Word By Hand, Are You? I Have To Admit, It Is Easier To Read Than ALL CAPS, But Man, You Are Making It Hard On Yourself ...

I hereby give you permission to type in all lowercase from now on. yep, without any caps. that will save you some time.

To your question, it depends on what parts you are considering swapping. For example, if you want to know what doors can be swapped, that gives you certain matches ... but if you want to see what transmissions can be swapped, that will give you another set of donor vehicles to choose from.

Be more specific, and I'm sure you'll get some help.

Capital Punishment ??

HA HA HA ..... I slay me. :twak:

I don't think the capitalization is intentional -- work system related.

Not quit sure what i did to make it all caps it didnt appear that way to me sorry guys. I'm at work and most of the typing I do is in caps. I'm a Electrical CAD Draftsman . Not that that matters just alittle background . I think I HAVE CORECTED THE PROB. Back to my quest. I have noticed some parts say they will fit 85-91, some say 85-92 some say 93 and up ,some stuff just covers the whole range. Right now i'm looking at a rear wipper set up and a overhead consoul . Do I have to have a say 85-92 wipper motor or will they work up to 98 . Same goes for the switch dose it have to be YEAR specific.
Thanks guys .

The 85-91 parts are generally like that because 1991 was the first year Chrysler started to make a few bigger (that is a relative term because they never did do a whole lot to the XJ) changes to it. 91 was the first year for the H.O 4.0 engine, which wasn't changed a whole lot up to 2000. As far as body parts go, stuff like fenders and doors, bumpers, flares ect is 84-96. 1997 was when they "redesigned" the Cherokee, basically just a new front end, a steel back hatck as apposed to the fiberglass one from 84-96, new bumpers and slightly changed sheet metal. As far as stupid things like the wiper motor i'm not sure

The rear wiper motor will be a physical fit from any year through 96, but somewhere between 87 and 93 they introduced an intermittent wiper, and I think the connectors will be different. As I recall the intermittent feature is built into the motor. The later motor will run intermittently on the run setting, but continuously on wash, where the earlier one ran continuously either way. Later ones may have an extra connector on the plug. I can't remember whether there is also a difference in the switch.

I have an 88, like the handle I use implies. Mine didn't come with a rear wiper but I got one out of the wrecking yard from a 91, the switch and intermittent motor all worked with the wiring that was in the jeep originally.
Hope this helps.

Back