• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Knowledge with trailer wheels/Tires needed..

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
alright, i picked this trailer up from a neighbor that built it.. he is a real nice guy and i paid very little for this thing. but he is an old guy that is very vague when it comes to answers..

Below is a picture of the trailer..
I have no clue what it has for axles, I assume they are 3500lb axles.. One axle has surge brakes.. i know they need attention.. but as of right now the MAIN thing it needs is wheels and tires.. Part of the deal is i am to return the wheels and tires because they go to an old ford van of some sort.. I plan to clean it up with some black paint, LED lights, and possibly upgrade to Electric brake axles..

Can someone help me figure out what bolt pattern/back spacing to go with.. whats currently on it is 14".. but im sure a 15" with 205/75s would fit Maybe even a 215

afgsdf.jpg

tdfhs.jpg

5 lug is 3500lb axles
6 lug is 5200lb axles

usually 5 lug is 5 on 4.5 like a jeep...usually a trailer is 0 offset, meaning the rim is the same front to back on both sides. I have bought 5 on 4.5 trailer rims at tire barn or discount tire.

as long as the clearance is there you should be able to run a 15 inch rim and a 205 or 215/75/15 tire.

why do you think the brakes are surge brakes?

mac 'looks like a good start' gyvr

I'd measure your bolt pattern before you buy wheels. Our car trailer at work measured 5 x 4.75, same as a Blazer or S10.

Both 5 on 4.5 and 5 on 4.75 are common. Why do u want to go to 15s?14s are cheap and do the job. I run Goodyear marathons on mine. 215 75 14s and they way out rate the load cap of the axles and they hild up to just about any thing u can throw at them. U can even get them at Wally world

5 lug is 3500lb axles
6 lug is 5200lb axles

usually 5 lug is 5 on 4.5 like a jeep...usually a trailer is 0 offset, meaning the rim is the same front to back on both sides. I have bought 5 on 4.5 trailer rims at tire barn or discount tire.

as long as the clearance is there you should be able to run a 15 inch rim and a 205 or 215/75/15 tire.

why do you think the brakes are surge brakes?

mac 'looks like a good start' gyvr
Thanks Mac! I did not know the lug pattern trick.

It has surge brakes on the front axle, there is a hydraulic brake pump type system in the tongue(if thats what its called???) with a standard brake hardline running to the front axle witch has brake drums:wave:

How would i measure to see if its chev or ford pattern.. ?
Flores:THANKS for the heads up on wally world

Last edited:
Back