• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'91 Electrical issue- LOTS of stuff just stopped working...

Umrswimr

NAXJA Forum User
'90 Electrical issue- LOTS of stuff just stopped working...

First off- HOWDY! I'm new here!

'90 Cherokee 4.0L 2WD (yeah, yeah... save it... :D )

Started the car this afternoon and LOTS of stuff just didn't work. Turn signals (interior AND exterior), radio, A/C blower, windshield wipers...
What DOES work: headlights (interior and exterior), brake lights, um..... that's all the electrical I have... :)

Unfortuately, I don't have the service manual and the underhood relay "box" lacks any sort of label, diagram, anything useful.

All the drivers-side kickpanel fuses are good, but I'm sure this is a bigger item like a main bus fuse or a relay or something. Can somebody tell me what to replace?

:helpme:

(ok, that smilie rocks...)

Last edited:
also the main power connector behind the fuse box..... the main wire in mine corroded right off its terminal on the engine side....

Old post I know, but I came across it searching for something else.

I thought I would provide a definitive answer for anyone who might search for this similar problem.

The exact items you described are powered off the brown wire connected to the ignition switch. This connection is notorious for excessive amp draw which eventually leads to bad connection or blown ignition switch. Check connection or replace ignition switch as needed.

-Ricky 90XJ

Back