• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where did you mount your switches???

Purple

NAXJA Forum User
just curious where you guys mounted the switches for lights etc... post pics if you have any... here are mine

2005_0718JUNE05HISZPANIA0432.jpg

that is really cool! if only my cb/ham radio was not that big i would deffinitely put it there too... where did you get that bracket for switches?

I made it out of a piece of 1/8" aluminum plate. Real easy to make. Just use a vise, hammer and several wooden blocks. The trick is to never let anything but wood touch the aluminum. Then some Krylon semi flat black and yer done!!
Timbo

I have some cheap pepboys switches in the spot where the stock fog switch goes. They came out pretty clean. They are tripping relays, so they are plenty stout enough to handle that.
Im not sure where Ill be putting switches if I need more.....depends on what its switching I guess. I want to put the aux backups near the shifter.

Link to the pics
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/734091/5

I only have two switches. One for my KC lights, and one I added so that I can turn on my reverse/back-up lights anytime (this is nice for people who pull up close at stop lights). The back-up light switch is under the dash hidden, but easy to reach.
Here's where I mounted the switch for the KCs:
KC_switch.jpg

When I add more lights and other stuff I will probably do something like FitchVA. Nice Setup! :D

i only have two switches (for now) but i kinda wanted them out sight. i don't have any pics but they're in the console at the front side. pretty inconvienient if you need to hit your lights really quick but not like i've ever had to turn them on in haste before. i also want my fuelpump shutoff out a sight.

me and a friend just made a switch panel today for the xj, it will mount right beside the 4wd lever. i will post some pics up tomorrow

here's mine...
666952861106_0_ALB.jpg

608562861106_0_ALB.jpg

I just trimmed a piece of plexiglass with a dremel to fit the void, then cut out the rectangles for the switches. Then added some paint (it kinda ran a little on the one side)...

hey guys me and a friend just got finished making a switch panel, we stuck it in the jeep tonight, heres a picture

DSC02238.jpg

dont have it wired up yet, but it fits nicely and doesnt get in my way at all

Back