• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel injector rail

Xjin85

NAXJA Forum User
I was about to replace and install new injectors and realized the fuel rail is in rough shape pitted with rust and one of the injectors is split.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PfI3bvvI9eZUN4RrJ7UWQoXTfJGl2HSy/view?usp=sharing

view

This made me wonder:

1) Should I replace the fuel rail with a new one? This will also allow me to install the new injectors directly into the new rail before installation making it a whole lot easier. Can anyone recommend an aftermarket fuel rail that won't rust? I found this rail that is made out of aluminum and it has pretty good reviews

https://www.amazon.com/Cherokee-Wrangler-Billet-Aluminum-Performance/dp/B07NVTW27R#customerReviews

2) Should I replace all the 10mm bolts, washers, and screws with new stainless steel ones? If so what are the size screws and washers?

3) Is there anything else I should replace based on the pictures while I'm at it?

As long as it is working and not leaking I would re-use it. If you should decide to replace it I would get a OE rail to get the proper fitment and accessories. All the hardware is 6mm, I replaced mine with SS studs/nuts.
P1090076.JPG

As long as it is working and not leaking I would re-use it. If you should decide to replace it I would get a OE rail to get the proper fitment and accessories. All the hardware is 6mm, I replaced mine with SS studs/nuts.
P1090076.JPG

That is one sexy rig you have there.

I like the aluminum rail bc it has no damper and is one less thing to worry about.

Just to clarify- you're saying the stock bolts for the fuel rail and accelerator harness on my 01' xj are 6mm? What size is the length of the studs?

All the lengths vary depending on the need!

P1090076.JPG

Nice! thanks for your help man. What is the length of the screws?
Also, is the original existing horseshoe intake that came on your jeep?
I'd love to get it ceramic-coated. May I ask how much that cost? or did you do it yourself? What year do you have?

Nice! thanks for your help man. What is the length of the screws?
Also, is the original existing horseshoe intake that came on your jeep?
I'd love to get it ceramic-coated. May I ask how much that cost? or did you do it yourself? What year do you have?

That's the factory manifold on my 2000. I had the ceramic professionally done and was like $180.

Back