• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

header panel

KSXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed a jcroffroad bumper and my header panel is exposed a couple inches. So if I come down I will hit it first. Can I trim this or do I need to install something to protect it? or what has everyone else done?

post a pic so we can tell what you mean....

uhh if you mean that lip that hangs down you can cut that and you need to for the bumper install.. but like steagall said post a pic so we kno.

straight shot
straight.jpg

Angled up
angeled.jpg

sway bar low also - how to fix this too?
another.jpg

when i installed my home fab bumper i made the mount points extra beefy and cut that crossmember out compleately to make room for the radiator, i dont know how beefy the mounting system for that one is or the strength of the actual bumper, if the strength is there then all hail the SAWZALL! and cut away.

as far as the swaybar goes i dont run one but i would not worry about it anyway.

Spray paint it white, you wont notice it. I would leave it, just for extra strengh. As for the sway bar, why do you care? Have you hit it before, or do you just notice it when looking at the front of your Jeep? Take it off if you really care that much.

I am just afraid of coming down on it to hard. Isn't the radiator attached to it and fan? I just don't want to come down on it and screw things up, but I don't want to cut if it will weaken the that area. I have to large splates with like 6 bolts on each side of the bumper.

Back