• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

this needs an explanation! (pic)

Beezil

Member #Nay
NAXJA Member
100421923fsrYuJ_ph.jpg

check the badlands thread B. he ............................well big country was behind him!!!!!

Its a little fuzzy...

I was only 20 feet behind G.I. John when the whole deal went down, but I still am not sure of all of the particulars. We were about 100 feet from the end of the Orange trail, coming out of a technical, tight, flexy section and I was gunning. As we rounded a corner, I noticed a nicer mud-terrain tire, covered in mud, off to the side of the trail. Having just traversed washing machine, golf cart, tire sale, and other perilous trail markers, the single tire on the side of the trail did not arouse the normal suspicion. About this time, John came over the CB and said that something was dragging, and he needed to check it out. He stops, looks under the drivers side, and under the front, and, seeing nothing unusual, got back into the truck and continued on. At this point my wife says 'Sweetheart, that kind gentleman in front of you is running on the rim' , or something like that. Those who know my darling wife know that she is gifted with words. Regardless, I grab the CB and inform John that the tire he passed about 75 feet ago was his. Somehow, the tire blew a bead in the rocks, and then just flopped off going around a corner.
By far the most amusing aspect of the situation was Johns visual inspection, of the axles, from two angles, failing to notice that he was minus one 32" tire, and then driving another 20 feet up the trail.
This guy is in charge of groups of tanks.
Not one tank, groups of tanks.
He also slept in a tent Friday night.
Makes one wonder.
Highest of high comedy.
:cheers:

I'm glad now...

I thought I was the only one with that sort of luck!

That was how I started the season off this year... exceppt mine wasn't all the way off yet... stopped to help some stuck kids in another XJ, pulled down to tug-strap range, hooked them up, then walking back up to mine I saw my junky junk all peg-legged & was like :doh:

Sorry B just thought Big Country would be more eloquent than I about it, I was right

Re: Its a little fuzzy...

bgcntry72 said:
This guy is in charge of groups of tanks.
Not one tank, groups of tanks.

Well..... tanks got treads not tires :D so he's kind of safe in that aspect :D Plus most likely the reason he's in charge is so that others can make the inspections for him and just report the result to him :D :D

:anon:

The worst part is......you used my own pic!!!

Word got around quickly on this one. I stopped back by Badlands after breakfast and one of the guys came out of the booth asking if I lost a tire. I told him no then he responded that somebodys wife called from home wanting to know if her hubby was ok because he lost a tire and she was worried about him. I assured him it wasn't me but was aware of the situation and the little feller was fine. I would of been missing a week (trash day) before my wife would call to check on me.
John Boy, were gonna get some mileage outta this one. :) TC

Thanks Pal.

And all this time I thought you were cool
:D :D :D

I was also on this run...and the details is correct but one of the distances is incorrect. John ran another 150' up the trail before realizing that his tire had fallen off......this is after looking twice under his vehicle, convinced he was dragging something. Thank godness he had the watchful eye of Mrs. BG behind him to point out that his tire was lying in the puddle 150' behind him.

Rev

Last edited:
I'm still trying to figure out how I didn't see the damn thing missing.

I guess that when you're looking for busted U-Joints and such, that tires fade into the background.

I'm still chuckling about it.

John "who needs tires to run Orange" Boy

TC NAXJA Member said:
I assure you John if I had been on that run I wouldn't have laughed at ya one little bit. Honest. TC

Yeah Right Tim...just like you weren't laughing as I was gettin stuck in the parking lot at Tellico in '00. ;)

Back