NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Other Technical Forums > JeepSpeed, Prerunner and Competition Tech Forum
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

JeepSpeed, Prerunner and Competition Tech Forum For Discussion of Modications related to Prerunning, JeepSpeed, KOH, Rock Racing, and any other speed based competitions

Old June 26th, 2013, 23:55
NAXJA Member

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash new XJ LeMons racer

I ran across a '92 2wd 5 speed XJ and just couldn't resist buying it. We're racing it at Buttonwillow Raceway this weekend.

The lock cylinder was gone, and the steering wheel off, and part of the dash out, and the windshield broken, which helped to get it cheap enough.

Thanks to , Falken Tires, Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines, Ten Factory Axles, Brown Dog, Hooker Harness, BILSTEIN, Raceline Wheels, WARN, G&G Auto Repair/Off Road, Yukon Gear and Axle, Full Traction, Cal, Russ, James, and many, many others.
Old June 27th, 2013, 00:09
NAXJA Member

Re: Team NAXJA/Petty Cash new XJ LeMons racer

We stripped it down to just the sheetmetal, took out all the glass except the windshield, and started building a cage and seat mount.

We're using the stock wiring and gauge cluster to keep it simple.

Getting the yellow paint on first, and then the blue. And of course, the big wing. We got some Mustang GT 17" wheels, which will be getting grippy 245/45 R17 Falken Azenis RT-615K tires.

Thanks to , Falken Tires, Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines, Ten Factory Axles, Brown Dog, Hooker Harness, BILSTEIN, Raceline Wheels, WARN, G&G Auto Repair/Off Road, Yukon Gear and Axle, Full Traction, Cal, Russ, James, and many, many others.
Old June 27th, 2013, 00:32
PSR Fire Marshall

Location: Upstate NY-live; Death Valley-play; Hawaii-working on it

Nice! Pretty soon, there will be an entire family of blue and Yellow Jeeps all over the place!

David Bricker / SYR
Gomer - '95 XJ, 2 dr. 4.6L Russ Pottenger Stroker; Novak TJ AX-15; Black Box 2.72:1 + 241OR 4:1; RockJock 60 Front, hydro assist, Hi-steer; D60 trussed and shaved rear; 4.56 ARB Front and Rear; Black Magic discs, Bilstein 7100s front and rear; 35s; PRP seats; Warn PowerPlant winch, hybrid cage. Annd, the Faux Dorkle is gone.
National Treasurer 2013-2021
Not a member? Become one today, and help support YOUR club.
Old June 27th, 2013, 09:45
NAXJA Forum User

nice, but half the race is about the theme. you guys really need to work on your themes.
Old June 27th, 2013, 09:56
NAXJA Member

Location: Central MA - keep going till the road turns to dirt, then listen for banjos

Isn't the theme here "make people in sportscars mad by out-driving them on the track in an SUV"?

(while having a blast racing, of course)
CTeunuch: Sometimes I really wonder if this sport makes you insane, or it just attracts the mentally unstable.
Old June 27th, 2013, 12:19
NAXJA Member # 13

Right! The theme is "Dude, you just got owned by a Jeep wagon with a roof wing...."
Old June 27th, 2013, 12:32
NAXJA Forum User

They should put in small letters "unless you're in a BMW, then you just owned a jeep with a roof wing...."

And Richard, a clean set of Bullit wheels should go for at least $500. Makes more sense to sell them and get some $75 pony wheels. More money for your budget.
Old June 27th, 2013, 13:48
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanimal View Post
nice, but half the race is about the theme. you guys really need to work on your themes.

Petty blue paint and a stupid wing is plenty of theme. And, you maybe don't realize just how serious crap can car racing really is.
Old June 27th, 2013, 14:02
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatman View Post
Petty blue paint and a stupid wing is plenty of theme. And, you maybe don't realize just how serious crap can car racing really is.
Maybe not, but my friend just won the last 2, so i'm sure he does. And still has a theme.
Old June 27th, 2013, 14:03
NAXJA Member

Quote:
They should put in small letters "unless you're in a BMW, then you just owned a jeep with a roof wing...."

And Richard, a clean set of Bullit wheels should go for at least $500. Makes more sense to sell them and get some $75 pony wheels. More money for your budget.

We've beat plenty of BMW'S.

I really like those wheels.......
Old June 27th, 2013, 14:06
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatman View Post
We've beat plenty of BMW'S.

I really like those wheels.......
I like those wheels too, just sayin. no sense in blowing your budget on cosmetics when you only have $500 to spend.
Old June 27th, 2013, 14:14
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
I like those wheels too, just sayin. no sense in blowing your budget on cosmetics when you only have $500 to spend.
Wheels/tires, brakes, safety stuff, etc don't apply to the budget.

I'm digging it, it would be hilarious seeing both of them out there against each other too.
Old June 27th, 2013, 14:17
NAXJA Forum User

Just my opinion, but I think it needs an E30 theme.
Old June 27th, 2013, 15:14
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubs97xj View Post
Just my opinion, but I think it needs an E30 theme.
that would be funny as hell.
Old June 27th, 2013, 15:14
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwar71 View Post
Wheels/tires, brakes, safety stuff, etc don't apply to the budget.

I'm digging it, it would be hilarious seeing both of them out there against each other too.
i didnt know the wheels didn't. cool.