• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Give the dogs a bone

ECKSJAY said:
Slow and Easy
Fast
Hard and Fast

Your talking about wheelin right?:laugh3:

Depending on the group sizes, I'll go for fast or hard and fast.

XJourney said:
I am sure that I am not the only one counting down the hours till I leave for NWfest. And if you are wondering it is 120 Hrs and counting.

Enough of the camping talk, lets talk about why are are all coming "WHEELING". Come on guys lets hear all about it.

So what trails are we running? How many groups? Who is leading? Are there any CJs coming, and are they in my group?(sorry I just had to put that in for Kristen:heart: )Right Matt :scottm: What are we wheeling Friday? Easy/Moderate? Any night runs? Who is staying till 5-6pm on Sunday?:cool: Who is running the Crushers? Who will can we convince, after a couple of beverages around the campfire, to run the Crushers the next day? Who is going to break? Which stocker this year is going to show up the "BIG" dogs? Locker versus open? Long or short arms? RE or Rusty's? 35s and 3.55? Who are we going to call at 12:00pm while sitting around the campfire? Who will pass out in their chair around the campfire? Whos is the best web wheeler? Where is Howard? Who said they were coming and then backed out?

Wait disreguard those last questions those are for a different thread. I must have forgot my Rydolin(sp)

Just give me something, I already packed the jeep, minus food of course.

Sorry for all the questions, I am just dieing to go.
Dude, you're my hero! That post perfectly embodied the spirit of NW Fest...you rock!

Looking forward to it, in every aspect!

RE: the trails; I hope there's something more to TSF than the trails we ran last time. With the exception of 'Little Rubicon,' I ran the trails in 2WD...not by choice, mind you..., but still. I hope we find some more cool stuff to run.

Michael, I'm looking forward to discussing micro-brews, kung-fu, your unnatural distrust of lockers (and rear bumpers ;)) air museums, Riddle-Vice, and all manner of BS. :D

See y'all there!

-----Matt-----

And WHERE'S Howard???

XJourney said:
I am sure that I am not the only one counting down the hours till I leave for NWfest. And if you are wondering it is 120 Hrs and counting.

Enough of the camping talk, lets talk about why are are all coming "WHEELING". Come on guys lets hear all about it.

So what trails are we running? How many groups? Who is leading? Are there any CJs coming, and are they in my group?(sorry I just had to put that in for Kristen:heart: )Right Matt :scottm:

oh ha ha i just feel the love. besides, there was another CJ there, not just mine. besides...i have an XJ project now. currently my dad has relegated the CJ to the horse pasture

ONE CJ8 (Scrambler). Andy is coming with us! :)

I believe we have 18 rigs to wheel. Maybe we should come up with an event for the tow rigs and the daily drivers??

Tractor pull or Airplane Hill, perhaps? Imagine that motor home climbing up airplane hill!! :laugh3:

XJourney said:
One in Iraq, couple have sold, don't know what is up with Howard's crew, Dingo509???

As much as i really want to go there is just no way i can make it this year. The price of gas would leave me with no extra money to get parts if something really major broke, plus the damn AGR (POS) steering box is having issues AGAIN. and the Old inline is making some nasty cluncking /attling sounds on startup. So i think the money will be spent on building a new tie rod so i can install the rockram, and finishing the stroker. i should be good and ready for next year thought..... I hope.

Dingo

Dingo509 said:
As much as i really want to go there is just no way i can make it this year. The price of gas would leave me with no extra money to get parts if something really major broke, plus the damn AGR (POS) steering box is having issues AGAIN. and the Old inline is making some nasty cluncking /attling sounds on startup. So i think the money will be spent on building a new tie rod so i can install the rockram, and finishing the stroker. i should be good and ready for next year thought..... I hope.

Dingo

Excuses, excues, borrow a small car to get there and ride along with someone. I know that there will be a few open seats.

IXNAYXJ said:
With the exception of 'Little Rubicon,' I ran the trails in 2WD...not by choice, mind you..., but still.

I'd get the Jeep checked out, Matt. Not sure I'd want to take it out if it broke a front axleshaft in 2WD. :D:D:D

But seriously, I hope we find some cool stuff, too. No offense to Brian, but if a stock XJ on street tires hung with everyone on the trails we ran, we need a bit more. ;) Of course, I'm probably not taking into account that he DID have a snorkel on that rig. :D

Dingo509, I'll PM you.

Howard told me he has another event next weekend, Port Townsend I think.

Sams88 has a family event this weekend.

I'm about done with mine, other than packing. Giving it an oil change today. With the shut down of the Alaska Pipeline gas prices should be interesting the next few days. 8-(

--k

Rock rails are done,

Did a little trimming on the fender.

Mounted the air compressor. Just have to connect the postive and run the ground wire.

Packing the Jeep tomorrow night.

Packing my clothes Tuesday night.

Two days of work left. I am so excited. My boys have no clue about the second half of our vacation.

Jason

Back