• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Looks great John. I think I may be headed down there this summer. Dad can take his early pension next year, and both parents have bad backs and arthritis so Im trying to get them to go on vacation both out by you and Florida so they can experience the summers out there. Pretty sure after that Florida will be off the list

Looks great John. I think I may be headed down there this summer. Dad can take his early pension next year, and both parents have bad backs and arthritis so Im trying to get them to go on vacation both out by you and Florida so they can experience the summers out there. Pretty sure after that Florida will be off the list

Thanks, let me know when you start planning something, hopefully you can at least stop by for a beer

Nice thing about AZ is you can travel a few hours and go from 1000' to over 7000' altitude with 20 degrees or more of temperature difference. We're at 3800', Flagstaff is 7700'. We've had a week of 90ish temperatures, can still see snow on the peaks by Flagstaff 50 miles away.

70 is too cold to sit outside without a blanket............

Are you pretending you are in the Leeward Islands (Caribbean)?

On my Island when it get to 70 degrees which it does 3 or 4 times per year there will be no one on the streets after sun down. In the day time 50% of the people on the street dress like people do when it is 70 degrees in South Florida.

So Ive just been shopping out of curiosity out for houses in AZ to compare out here. With 10K down Im paying around $1250 a motnh for a 3 bed 2 bath house, 2 car garage half acre lot in AZ. Or same payment got a 2 bed condo with 1 parking spot out here in Lombard. I think a few community college classes are due, so I can move out of this tax hell hole

So Ive just been shopping out of curiosity out for houses in AZ to compare out here. With 10K down Im paying around $1250 a motnh for a 3 bed 2 bath house, 2 car garage half acre lot in AZ. Or same payment got a 2 bed condo with 1 parking spot out here in Lombard. I think a few community college classes are due, so I can move out of this tax hell hole

Not sure why anyone would live in Illinois

Come to northern Indiana and buy my place. No garage but does have almost an acre with 1600sqft home for $130k. Would definitely be less than what your paying now and be out of Illinois.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not sure why anyone would live in Illinois
Yea, I'm not too sure either. I think I'm gonna take a few evening classes to learn CNC stuff, and probably move out of here while staying in manufacturing. Got an easy job for what I do and generally like the area, but I don't like the thought of paying 3/4 of my pay in taxes for the rest of my life.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Come to northern Indiana and buy my place. No garage but does have almost an acre with 1600sqft home for $130k. Would definitely be less than what your paying now and be out of Illinois.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Damn, I just looked up your house. I think pops pays more in land taxes alone my mortgage would be out there. I just need to get my ass back to school and learn a few more skills before I'm comfortable leaving my job. But even at work we've been talking about moving across the border into Indiana or Wisconsin.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

We got our estimated 2020 property tax bill. $2200.00. 10 acres, 1800 sq ft house, 45 x 55 building. I am guessing it is worth $350,000?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

That’s cheap, really really cheap for down here. It’s usually closer to 2.75%

Prolly his tax bill for undeveloped land...

mac 'wait til you add structures...' gyvr

Our county appraiser originally came in November before I was completely finished with the house, so they said they would come back in December. They came back mid-February, we're still listed as vacant land

b32c5e29015afd57c0227ff62d4e929e.jpg

Ate out for breakfast this morning in a restaurant!!!

mac ‘freedom!!!’ gyvr

Back