• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Building bumpers

Fullsizexj

NAXJA Forum User
started building bumpers again, just did this one for an XJ

conceptXJ%20007.jpg

conceptXJ%20008.jpg

conceptXJ%20009.jpg

conceptXJ%20010.jpg

I will be a Beta tester if you need one :). I will need to find a winch to beta test as well :D.

It really should be on stands .. it'll get scratched sitting on the ground :D

I got the guy at the jeep Junk yard trying to get me an XJ front nose with the frame so I will have a way to build them on a jeep, same way AJ does his

I can drive down there so you can have a real XJ to put it on:roflmao:

I got the guy at the jeep Junk yard trying to get me an XJ front nose with the frame so I will have a way to build them on a jeep, same way AJ does his

soon, making arrangements to sneak it over here while he is still out of the country in the service

looks really nice

i made my own bumpers and put alot of time into them. And they work but they look like absolute chit compared to that.

very nice job

It is business but I am doing it for local pickup only, I am not gonna hassle with shipping these things, Getting a shipping qoute everytime someone asks is a nightmare around here, UPS is 40 miles from me and I would have to haul one down there to find out what would be involved in packing one to ship and all the stuff needed so that I could even be able to call and get the cost each time. I am basically building the bumpers to what the customer request and qouting that way, I have been doing alot of projects lately and have a few examples here
http://www.fullsizexjgear.com/Keith fenders/Tubefenders.html
Don't take this as a spam post, just answereing a question is all

Richard, that bumper looks pretty nice!

How does it mount?

Are you adding provisions for shackles?

On my old rig, I ran a loose-nuts bumper which had crazy shackle mounts, I had adapters built for it to hang a front hitch or tow bar from them.

It does have shackle mounts on it, I have been using the frame mounts that AJ makes, I ain't got the time to sit around cutting and drilling 1/4 steel for them, his are ready to go and make it simple

hah! I just looked at the first photo and didn't see them because of the angle.

AJ puts together a good mount. That's going to be a nice product.

It is business but I am doing it for local pickup only, I am not gonna hassle with shipping these things, Getting a shipping qoute everytime someone asks is a nightmare around here, UPS is 40 miles from me and I would have to haul one down there to find out what would be involved in packing one to ship and all the stuff needed so that I could even be able to call and get the cost each time. I am basically building the bumpers to what the customer request and qouting that way, I have been doing alot of projects lately and have a few examples here
http://www.fullsizexjgear.com/Keith fenders/Tubefenders.html
Don't take this as a spam post, just answereing a question is all
Got any pics of those tube fenders mounted?

Back