• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4610 to High Rocks anyone?

jeepboy381

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone been down road 4610 "across from promotory" and gone all the way to High Rocks camp ground? I tried doing it today on my dual sport bike but like I thought the snow got too deep for too long and I could no longer ride in it. I only made it 13 miles in so I was about halfway there, is this road wide enough to fit a XJ down?

The snow in the road was at least 3 feet deep, it could be a fun trip in the Jeep! Looks like another 8 miles and and your at Timothy Lake and could hop back on hwy 26.

IMG_1062.jpg

I've come in from the Timmothy Lake side before, that's paved most of the way though the last quarter mile to the top is 4x4 prefered. I've heard the way in from 4610 is doable, never tried it. Its on my summer list though!

I have been up there many times, and never made it all the way to high rocks. I get so severely lost every time im up there tho

Well I am going to try and head up there in the Jeep this weekend or this week, does any one want to go that has lockers preferably front and rear? I could go up there tomorrow if someone else wanted to tag along. I don't think it is going to be anything to crazy but the snow makes it hard.

I think this would make a great hypo run for next year! We could start in estacada, 25 miles to high rocks, then another 10 to Timothy, 5 to Clear Lake, and last is hwy 26.

I could do it next week. You need to really be careful in those snow conditions right now unless your prepared to hike out. I played last week and it's crawl speed stuff and hope you don't sink.

I could do it next week. You need to really be careful in those snow conditions right now unless your prepared to hike out. I played last week and it's crawl speed stuff and hope you don't sink.
I know what you mean, it would be a long hike too! The snow was pretty hard packed for the most part but that wet snow is always a bitch. Let me know when you would be able to go up there and we can check it out.

I talked to another guy about making this trek in a jeep and he said it is wide enough the whole way but once you get up to high rocks the trail is carved into the side of the mountain. If there is snow on the road still it would be way to intense! If you slid off you would roll down the mountain forever.

I've gone all the way to squaw lakes, hambone springs campground, timothy lake. theres some REALLY tight stuff where theres a cliff on one side and a mountian on the other, with rock washouts covering the road. I wouldnt do it on full widths. Theres also a really steep like "Cliff" but not really that you have to go down. Theres a marked rock and tree for winching if your going up it.

Back