• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

largest tire from factory...

BADaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i've been searching for a long time and i can't find something. in my state, you are only allowed two tire sizes over mfg. recommendations. problem is mine came with 215's but i'm pretty sure some came with bigger tires than that, possibly the country version? does anyone have any data on the largest tire size offered by jeep for the xj from the factory?
Thanks

Most I have seen have had 225/75R15. 235/75R15 is a good size.

I bought mine with 235's on it, but I think 225's were the largest stock option.

Have the Militia drag the freakin' idiots out of your government offices and hang them, then run whatever size tires you want.

Wolves or sheep?

According to the Standard Catalog of 4x4's (up to 1993), the biggest tire option on an XJ was 225/75/15. Wranglers got up to 29x9.6x15, if the law is not model specific. That's a terrible law.

According to the Standard Catalog of 4x4's (up to 1993), the biggest tire option on an XJ was 225/75/15. Wranglers got up to 29x9.6x15, if the law is not model specific. That's a terrible law.

If not model specific, rubi's came with 265's......but it probably is.

Sounds like a pretty harsh state law. Out here we have bumper height requirements, IIRC it's 27" in the front, 29" in the rear as measured from the pavement. As long as you cover the tires well with fender flares and mud flaps, they don't hassle you about tire size.

Maine sucks...:D

Back